Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763852

The number of asymptomatic carriers may be much higher than initially thought, and exhaled air might spread a lot farther than the conventionally claimed 3-6 feet, and hang around longer.

Wearing those cheap masks isn't about protecting yourself, it's to reduce the likelihood of spreading it around.

Our country is going to make them mandatory when shopping, (provided free of charge at each store,) and probably generally in public sometime afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm in a weird situation where I'm relieved my mom died last year and isn't living through this poo poo.

My father died in January, and I know how you feel. He passed away peacefully in his sleep, in his own home. Not having to worry about him, on top of everything else that's going on, is some small relief.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

ManMythLegend posted:

Apparently Hong Kong TV news is reporting KJU is dead. No other confirmation at this point.

Un Dead, Un Dead, Un Dead.

The prison guards have left the watchtower.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

I think Braun was more Nazi than you guys think.
He still wore Nazi poo poo when he worked at NASA.

I've heard that before, but only as random internet hearsay. Do you have a source for that?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Midjack posted:

That’s not exactly what it said, the public statement was that the virus was probably not man-made or modified. There’s room in those words for it to be a release of a naturally occurring pathogen from a lab, and they are open to that possibility still.

Yeah, bioweapons talk is strictly :tinfoil:, but accidental release from a lab is well seems to me, as a non-expert, within the realm of the possible.

For a bit of context:

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/3/20/18260669/deadly-pathogens-escape-lab-smallpox-bird-flu

Edit: Let's not go overboard.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 1, 2020