Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is the lamest loving coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Mefloquine Monday crew represent

Another reason I told my wife to get my brain checked when I die.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

poo poo gave me hella side effects. Psychedelic trippy poo poo. I later became hella crazy, though I think that’s only tangentially related to mefloquine and more to other causes.

There is something off in my brain after Iraq/service. Besides the concussions, blast trauma, PTSD, and mefloquine, something happened that jacked it up.

In a similar vein, I've complained of back pain for years in a specific spot on my spine. Every doctor- every single one that I brought it up to refused to believe me, "because it's nearly
Impossible to hurt your back there".
Tell that to the obvious injury and arthritis found on the imaging my physical therapist requested.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PookBear posted:

Is it your spine itself or the muscles around it? I've had problems with my back muscles from supporting plates.

I have jacked up discs and bone spurs, along with traumatic onset Arthritis in various spots (L, T, and C Spine areas) but what I was referring to is a pain that exists starting about half way down my scapula, and going 6-8 inches below. Every doctor told me that it's in my head, because it's "virtually impossible to hurt that part of your spine without damaging the rest of your spine much worse".

So yeah, the only part on me that works as intended are my elbows.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My post office is garbage, but after enough complaints from myself (delivering to the wrong address: not like a neighbor- wrong address numbers, wrong street name, a loving business; marking things delivered that weren't, but show up within the next three days; only giving us mail every other day) and other people, they are trying to fix it.

I like USPS.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guys, we are in good hands. Trump called on his old buddy Vince McMahon to help restart the economy.

"I screwed America? America screwed America.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Thanks to PSP, I learned that it's not just Vince McMahon and some other ghouls.

Be at peace, because Dana White, who currently is planning the continuation of UFC-events on a Mortal-Kombat-tier "Fighter Island" in spite of the crisis, is also part of said council.

C'mon- you don't think Robert Kraft could get us out of this?

Vince will body slam the economy!

gently caress it. I'm going to try and enjoy the Final seasons of America.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I firmly believe that besides underlying mental illness, that accident that gave us "Through the Wire" also gave him brain damage.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

BofA- my first wife had her pay and Christmas bonus deposited. We waited until it was no longer pending, showing available, and in our account when we called (back in 07 internet banking wasn't so reliable. Go Christmas shopping.

Overdrafted. Even though we had over 3k showing as in our account and available. Bank of America moved the money from available back to pending, and took out all the money. Then deposited it again, still leaving us with over 1k in fees.

gently caress BofA

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not saying this is starting to look a bit like the beginning Balkanization in America, but uh, yeah- isn't this the starting premise if every American Dystopian fiction ever?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MRC48B posted:

Balkanization doesn't work, because the political divide isn't geographical region vs geographical region.

It's urban vs rural. which means we have a long period of spiraling street level violence until we bottom out as a failed state like Somalia (which, until very recently was actually making great progress digging itself out)

eventually warlords will establish their own little fiefdoms, and build them up into regional empires. But that will take a while.

You say this like it's a bad thing.
I can't wait to live in the California Love music video.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MRC48B posted:

Sorry man, that's what I'm trying to say. You and me don't get to play Wasteland Weekend IRL, thats for the younger folks later.

We get to grind our way down through a dumber version of the Troubles.

Bad Thing?
https://youtu.be/ehukpdse8_w

I'm kidding of course. poo poo is worrisome.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Interesting post about the ReOpen movement.
https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/comments/g3niq3/comment/fnstpyl?context=3

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Poor Outlook posted:

Technically, it was the Seer (survive, resist something something) manuel they reversed engineered, but the point about nazi science stands. Like NASA and von braun were all literal nazis

SERE was created because of events in Korea and Vietnam, with it being primarily driven by Nick Rowe, who was held for 5 years in VC jungle camps.

Dude, I'm sorry you are having a tough loving time. It seems like the problem is you need new MH providers, not Nazi science. There are plenty of noncenventional MH treatment options right now, including Teleconf, texting, and phone calls. If you are in the US, Dolly loving Parton (:love: :swoon:) has a program for Vets designed specifically for invisible wounds. Put in an app.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I think Braun was more Nazi than you guys think.
He still wore Nazi poo poo when he worked at NASA.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Von Braun chat- he was a loving Nazi. Doesn't matter how you try to justify it, he was Nazi who built terror weapons with slave labor.
So not only is he a Nazi, he's an Indiana Jones level villain Nazi.

Meatball story-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/astroengineer.wordpress.com/2010/03/20/werner-von-braun-and-the-meatball-pin/amp/

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Lake of Methane posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1212126024575660035

82nd Airborne paratroopers who rapidly deployed to the Middle East in January are finally coming home

"Around 750 soldiers with the Immediate Response Force (IRF) started deploying the night of New Year's Eve, with 18 hours notice, in response to an attack on the American embassy in Baghdad. In total, around 3,500 paratroopers deployed at the beginning of the year.

Near the end of February, 800 of them had come back. But because of continued tensions in the region, along with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the rest of the brigade have been unable to return."

OPSEC!
/s

Some dude on FB tried to call me out on OPSEC for discussing Live Leak videos from 10 years ago.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's, a, uh, little hard to believe a thirdhand story from an anonymous source.

Yeah, seems totally out of character for a Nazi to have Nazi poo poo.

No, I get your point, but I'm willing to believe this account considering how he got his job, and actions on previous employment

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

2020 delivering like door dash.

https://twitter.com/GovJVentura/status/1254783039642595330?s=20

gently caress yeah, let's burn it down. Back to back WWE champs for Pres!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Crazy Mike posted:

:actually: Back to back WWE Hall of Famers. :eng101:

I couldn't remember if Ventura was in the HoF or not, considering his issues with Vince in the past.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The first guy to try a torpedo tube launch came out bleeding from the ears. Source- First SEAL by Roy Boehm (sp).

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I generally wouldn't vote for him because of his conspiracy theory beliefs. Dude's nuts.

But it is 2020, and he is less morally objectionable than the other two.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Onion on IG had a headline-
Tactical Vest Sold Out In XXXL

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

pmchem posted:

you're overthinking it

it's china's first lab of that level

dept of state sent cables warning about their procedures and staffing there, saying it was unsafe

some months later someone fucks up, gets infected, and infects others around him. it spreads in the city

boom bam bop, occam's razor

I've been assured that Bill Gates was involved. Where was he in your little theory, chump?

Checkmate, Athetits.

(By the by, been calling people Chumps, and Chuckles a lot lately. Digging it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

And provides character testimony when one of us is brought to the Hague.