Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Midjack posted:

I’d expect perma or perma + 100k if they were serious.

I think mods still have access to mod tools while probed, though I see one perma in the LC.

I'm pretty sure they do so this is an april fools day joke that's got a good chunk of SA in a panic attack. The perma against Reene (generally thought to be one of the nicest staff on SA) is likely performative.

This would totally be a hell of a day for a coup, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Wasn't Turkey's failed coup attempts on april 1st or am I misremembering?

iirc that was in July

god I don't even know what year it was, that's how hosed up the past presidential term has been

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Any report made in GiP should have mcnally_fingerguns.jpg instead of the "thanks for submitting a report" text imo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

Ontario is expecting 3 to 15 thousand dead from this, and for it to last 18 to 24 months.
Over 100k dead without aggressive social distancing.

Yikes. I have no idea how the entertainment/food service industry is going to recover from this.

BC's doing okay at flattening the curve so far but there are already six restaurants for sale and three more for lease takeover in my town (30k population, about 45 minutes from the City of Vancouver).

There was a new brewpub that was supposed to be opening about a quarter mile from my house this summer. Hopefully this will calm down here and they can still open on time.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

If your surname is Kennedy, the best way to make sure you live a nice, fulfilling life is to petition the court to get that changed.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Serious question; what would happen if Trump did catch COVID and died?

Probably a D victory in November. Without the cult of personality around Trump the Republican party will end up being just the old white boys club again. I don't know if Pence would be able to survive the debate process. Biden is good enough for a lot of people on both sides of the fence.

That or they suspend the election and the GOP seizes absolute power.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

I'll admit, I don't know anywhere near as much about politics as you guys do, but are there no concerns that they would treat him as a martyr and round up the wagons?

Nah, he's surrounded by sycophants. As soon as he's out of the picture they're going to collapse because Pence isn't Trump. Pence is the establishment guy the RNC picked to make Trump more palatable in the 2016 election going classical Republicans.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

If that comes true it's going to be a national holiday in Ireland this time next year

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I wonder if everyone quit trying how long it would be before the republican faithful started purging "undesirables" from American society.

I believe that was a few months ago when ICE was throwing citizens in camps for having the sheer audacity to be brown.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

with any luck they won't have a ventilator for him

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I would like to inquire where I can get paid 89 cents a litre for gas instead of the other way around, thanks.

(Last summer gas peaked here at $1.68/L. I haven't seen gas this cheap since before 9/11.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Poor Alberta, maybe should have kept some money in that heritage fund for some bad days ahead.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3562163-alberta-asks-for-significantly-help-from-trudeau-oil-prices-crash

If they really really want to keep jobs in oil, Canada has to nationalize the oil fields. Whether that's a good idea or not is up for debate (they're good paying jobs, but also oil is bad).

I'm just sick of Alberta whining about absolutely everything like a bunch of spoiled babies.

God I hope the PM doesn't give the UCP a bailout package.

Demote Alberta to territory status and give the Yukon a shot at provincehood IMO