Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

orange juche posted:

It's April First you fucks make a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What we need in this time of upheaval is a bit of normalcy, however NO MODS NO MASTERS is pretty appealing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEs9KUQ4qo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Old Boot posted:

never :mcnally: forget

Also, that thing I said would happen happened

https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1245003801918156800

Hey didn't a senator from Wisconsin say that people should hurry up and die so they can reopen the economy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/opinions/what-happens-in-the-4th-wave-of-the-pandemic-sepkowitz/

Dyin' time's here. COVID has now spread from the large cities into the rural areas of the US where there are no hospital beds. That number of deaths is really gonna skyrocket now, as if it isn't already climbing near vertically.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lightpole posted:

You cant because the NCL Pride of America is the lone US cruise ship. NCL was exploring reflagging more over winter but this probably puts a bit of a bump in that road.

Navy should have read the CDC report from February as it says something about the virus spread in enclosed spaces.

The parent company is incorporated in the Bahamas, however, and so Norwegian Cruise Lines is not eligible for any break or stimulus. NCL Pride of America could reflag and it wouldn't matter, because Norwegian isn't getting poo poo anyways,

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao the GA governor claims that he just found out in the last 24 hours that they found out that COVID can spread through close contact.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Knives Amilli posted:

Its funny how the pentagon/combatant commander brass hated Obama for mirco managing them after a near decade of cowboying it up under W.

Yet trump has completely destroyed the Navy's autonomy, especially in regards to morale and maintaining good order and discipline.

Wonder why they havent turned on him yet?

The top brass is now full of Reeks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Midjack posted:

Technology will someday allow us to create a violin small enough to play over this.

https://vimeo.com/155570863

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God this loving thread title

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sometimes coronavirus does good things

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Well it's not that the radiation would kill you, I think you would die of acute lead poisoning if you decided to hop in a spent fuel pool

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

McNally posted:

"I hope someone flips Mitch McConnell on his back in the desert and then doesn't help him?"

Are we allowed to laugh at this? Because I am laughing at this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

you just failed the voight kammf

*slams u through wall and bursts out of testing facility*

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Basically Congress isn't in session right now and money needed to get into the funds to continue paying people who are currently out of work and the small business program to cover small businesses that have no business.

Democrats could have very well sat on this in a staring contest with the GOP beyond the run-out date on funds, but how long would the American people last when the poo poo they're relying on to somewhat make ends meet runs out? I guarantee you the soulless fuckers in the GOP can hold their breath longer than the entirety of the rest of the country in order to cause the government to completely collapse. They're a loving death cult and if they kill the country in order to own the libs they'll consider it a worthwhile sacrifice.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

i just use a small spray bottle with the straw removed so it sprays when you hold it upside-down

e: to clarify i use it to spray my lovely butt hole

that's not as good as the poop knife story

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PeterCat posted:

Do you think the phone banking works? I'm not being snarky, my first job was doing these kind of call for pay, we campaigned for Bob Dole 1996, got to call people in New Hampshire and tell them that Pat Buchanan was too extreme on North Korea.

holy poo poo bob dole is still alive

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

knock your ring on deez nuts

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0

:unsmith: hey buddy, how you been? Good to see you doing well bud.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 28, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

who's this dork?

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1129831615952236546

The only Republican in the House who called for Trump's impeachment, and then split from the Republican party/was disinvited from CPAC. Romney's a Senator, and didn't get kicked out of the Republican party because the GOP is afraid of losing votes in Utah or something?

No actual idea who he is, other than someone who will gently caress up the election for a Democratic candidate because he's unlikely to peel off votes from the GOP.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 29, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

She did that all on her own

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

No one in the US is going to go hungry even in the imaginary worst case scenario of all meat production shutting down overnight. There's more than enough excess capacity of calories without any changes, and in the long run there's a huge amount of US farmland dedicated just to feeding animals that can be repurposed.

Declaring meat processing plants critical even as everyone inside is getting sick is being done because the meat processing industry asked for it.

People go hungry right now in the US, many of them children. Don't make sweeping generalizations.

feedingamerica.org posted:

In 2019, most families living in poverty earn less than $25,750 per year. More than 37 million people struggle with hunger in the United States, including more than 11 million children. A household that is food insecure has limited or uncertain access to enough food to support a healthy life.

Deleting meat from the food supply would make that number go up in the short and medium term significantly.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 29, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Well yes, but not because of food shortages...

Well removing supply won't fix that issue, if anything it would drive prices of what's available up, and make even more people "food insecure".

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Almost universally because their families can't afford the food, not because there aren't enough calories being produced by US agriculture and food processing.

That's not what you said though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bloops posted:

Pug is first confirmed dog to get covid 19. virus has gone too far imo

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/us/coronavirus-us-pug-wellness-trnd/index.html

That sucks but the family claims Winston is back to 100% though.

He looks like a good boy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

The klobb in goldeneye wasn't that bad a gun if you were playing with ohk

But in goldeneye the Klobb was generally available in the same weapon packs that included much better weapons such as the KF7 Soviet, or hell even just the PP7. The Klobb was just such a massive pile of poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arcella posted:

I hereby declare Space Admiralty Law

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/DFisman/status/1255600480333574146?s=20

Thread unrolled below

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1255600480333574146.html

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

it appears it might help if given early, and doesnt appear to be too deadly

the problem here being vast amounts of this county you still cannot get tested unless the rona is balls deep into you

Basically this, just like any antiviral treatment, the earlier you are taking it the better your results. In the mice trials they administered remdesivir as a prophylactic before exposing the mice to SARS-COV-2. Expectedly, the mice which received remdesivir as a prophylactic had a much milder illness than control mice, and quicker recovery.

This also shows up in the remdesivir trial they enrolled people in, the earlier you get it the better you do, because the virus's reproduction is inhibited by remdesivir, and you don't get as sick.

Antivirals are nasty poo poo though, they can make you quite sick themselves, and some of them are so strong that they're handled as a cytotoxic drug by hospital staff, e.g. ganciclovir, which is a carcinogen and a mutagen. So there's some concern about side effects of administering remdesivir as a widespread treatment for SARS-COV-2, but it's better than hooking people to a vent and praying.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pmchem posted:

https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1255972408353329154

pretty much guaranteed he is revealing TS/SCI intel in press briefings

:chaostrump:

He definitely releases TS/SCI info in press briefings, but i'm gonna go with the old standby of he's pulling poo poo out his rear end again

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

He's a racist game show host with the beliefs of a fox news grandpa. Right now, they're all eating up the theory that the virus was brought back to a Wuhan lab for study, as part of some weird SEE WE CAN ID RARE STUFF TOO and then it broke free of the lab and that's that.

So he hasn't seen a goddamn thing outside of twitter, fox news, and facebook posts.

Pretty much, I see some interesting things in my line of work, and I'm gonna go with he got it off fox news. Won't stop him from being all secret squirrel bullshit because it makes him feel important though,

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 30, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Notahippie posted:

ODNI put out a statement saying that the lab connection was bullshit, so I bet this came straight out of the moldy cheese in his head.

I don't even think mold would grow on it, tbh.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That Works posted:

Quoting myself from years ago, re: China weaponization.

Also, I think I covered it in here before but for the virus to have been an engineered bioweapon would have taken several simultaneous breakthroughs that Western labs have not achieved before.

There's also the real simple realization that places have made re: bioweapons, the problem that you can't control them when you release them, they're doomsday devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

People who are non vets posting in here keep this poo poo from turning into just like every other vet forum out there (dead and stupid/full of asinine garbage). It also keeps it from turning into a self reinforcing echo chamber like D&D, and helps steer us when we're wrong on something or an outside opinion would offer a valuable view on something that's being discussed.