Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wasn't Turkey's failed coup attempts on april 1st or am I misremembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Maaaaan Ellis Marsalis died from Covid. gently caress this poo poo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wow y'all are all getting your shots in on a dead woman and her kid. Classic. A kid probably wanted to go canoeing and someone didn't realize the risks for the time and conditions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sunherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241753966.html

In other news it looks like New Orleans is going to be hit particularly hard by this pandemic, continuing a historical trend of completely failing to keep it's populace safe from infectious disease. It's probably worth noting that Louisiana and In particular, New Orleans, already have large populations who aren't in good health in the best of times. I don't have high hopes.for this increasing trend to abate anytime soon.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

The article linked said they went out to possibly retrieve a ball. It was turbo stupid and the kid is dead for the worst reason

Yeah and millions of people are infected and dying because people are too stupid to stop shaking hands and won't stop going to bars until the governor makes it illegal. If we are grading on a curve they're pretty average and these jokes still aren't funny in the least

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I realize y'all get a smug sense of satisfaction because a woman is dead and you are still alive but maybe if you can't figure out a funny angle to the story leave it alone.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

bengy81 posted:

I took my dog for a walk this morning and saw a handful of brand new TRUMP 2020 flags hanging from porches.

I wish people could understand how hosed up things are.
Our governor was talking about how the FEMA confiscated a bunch of ventilators, but the MAGA brigade doesn't care because he's a gay Democrat. It's super frustrating.

How do we even stop this?

I think childhood education is pretty essential. Level of scholastic achievement is a pretty major dividing line between the two parties that tracks well across most other demographics, last I checked.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
They're praying for you! Thank them for their service, you goddamn ingrate!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I wonder if everyone quit trying how long it would be before the republican faithful started purging "undesirables" from American society.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jesus Bernie Bros went from aggressive self-righteous shitheels to the whining oppressed in the blink of an eye.

"Our coalition cannot fail! It can only be failed!" - People with a pragmatic view of politics

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

bloops posted:

This thread is unpleasant to read. Not because of the news, which most definitely is, but a lot of you are feeding into a hurricane of negative emotions.

Yeah mea culpa. Decided to burn one down and listen to one love internet radio and am feeling much recovered

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Doc Hawkins posted:

excited to not post in any of the coming offsites

Did that happen before? I never really paid much attention to the political Toxx competitions.