Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Chichevache posted:

Not even his wives.

Shots fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Sept 2019... If this was in - February 2020, I may have a different level of outrage. There's going to be a lot of what ifs going on, but report released in Sept on an influenza pandemic that was probably worked on in 2018 isn't one of them.

Edit: Mom called - Dad tested positive.

He was tested to be discharged from the hospital. So far, his lungs look good but gently caress this sucks rear end.

TCD fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 2, 2020

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

https://twitter.com/VenezuelaBTH/status/1245465317188481025?s=20

Wait - huh...

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Checks out
https://twitter.com/JillDeming1/status/1246493164304818179

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Boris in hospital.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-05-20/h_19ef76c17b2b709b01a768fd6cfa415a

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

NYC Tiger got COVID
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/05/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-JKTEDE7R65HEHHAN3Y6REHUBGA

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Richard Bong posted:

My brother is in the ER with shortness of breath.

Both my parents probably have it too. My mom was actually sick enough to get sent home from the hospital she works at and await a call for the test.

gently caress.

Sorry man

My old man is still fighting it. Fevers/hallucinations but no lung issues yet.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

EBB posted:

I'm starting to doubt the 2020 federal election will be held

But her emails

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

bloops posted:

This thread is unpleasant to read. Not because of the news, which most definitely is, but a lot of you are feeding into a hurricane of negative emotions.

My Dad has COVID and I last talked to him in the hospital 8 days ago.

Sunshine and rainbows in my world.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Well that's one way to juke the stats.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It probably wouldn’t considering how this storm system has to get through the Blue Ridge mountains, which will probably bleed off some of its strength. Places in northern Montgomery County could see some tornadic action, though.

Also downtown DC is largely devoid of activity thanks to COVID so all the lobbyists and other members of the parasite class are safe at home in Loudon County or Bethesda. What you’re looking for is a Derecho-type event that hits the Beltway at rush hour.

Tornado Watch for NOVA/DC through 6PM today

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsi...09#.XpSSschKguU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

I'm just so baffled why the gently caress these whitebread idiots are getting out there on behalf of the capitalist masters, i guess they're just that loving tribalist :/

gently caress you got mine, lack of critical thinking, distilling a complex problem into emotional snippets, group think, etc., etc.

r/LeopardsAteMyFace is a gold mine right now.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's the graph for West Texas Intermediate which is light sweet crude.

Ooof that's going to hit a few bottom lines.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

FEAR IS THE REAL VIRUS sounds like a tagline for a good b-movie

Or a drunken line used to rawdawg when no one has a condom.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Is that one dude holding "COVID 19 is a lie" while decked out in full PPE?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

PeterCat posted:

Why is there such an emphasis on opening "fitness centers" up? Are people really suffering from not being able to go to the gym?

Iowa is partially re-opening on May 1st, gyms and malls can open at 50% capacity, but no food court seating.

The amount of people I've seen out jogging past my place is HUGE, including those in groups. I don't know if it's stress, boredom, an excuse to be outside, but everyone is marathon runner now.

Also, why in gods name do you want to go to an enclosed space where people are sweating, breathing more forcibly than normal, and likely touching a lot of surfaces?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

bengy81 posted:

I think a lot of that grain wouldn't be suitable for human consumption, so I suspect that killing the meat industry would just result in more expensive food and more starving people in the short term.

It's not just an easy product swap either. There's supply, transportation, processing, packaging, distribution, etc. poo poo, the diary industry has had a hard time responding to market demands, and that's when it's nearly the same product. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/10/fact-check-coronavirus-farmers-dump-milk-demand-shift-bottling-limits/5128191002/

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

My Spirit Otter posted:

who's this dork?

I had to google him too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah this is where I'm at as well.

God damnit DNC - don't pull this loving maneuver.

E: This is worse than McCain's pick