Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just heard on the radio America is anticipating 240000 deaths :stare:

That's the best case scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They messaged me as well just asking for feedback via linked in. I responded after digging in that it looks like nothing but an 8% apr loan and asked for their truth in lending disclosure because I could not freely find it. That person has not responded.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, I mean, they had a death every 2 minutes and 52 seconds yesterday in NYC. That's down from 3 min 36 seconds the day before. They're going to be at or under the 2 minute mark today most likely. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You want to know what's really tragic? Analysts have predicted ~30% unemployment. That's roughly 50m people. Projections from the WH are 250k dead.

If we end up with those numbers or better, the market is going to go up because those numbers are currently priced in.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 2, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wonder if the Admiral on the ship gets another star or if they get the chop, too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone speak portuguese? Did Bolsonaro just get removed?

https://www.eldestapeweb.com/nota/horacio-verbitsky-revelo-que-un-alto-militar-se-hizo-cargo-del-gobierno-de-brasil-2020438560

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Other goons elsewhere are looking at this with skepticism because of lack of supporting reporting from other sources. Regardless it shows that poo poo is unstable in brazil.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

davecrazy posted:

What does an Argentine journalist know about the inner workings of the Brazilian government?

Probably not much. I should have worked more on my spanish.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Det_no posted:

That's not even portuguese.

Yeah I didn’t really scan much. It’s obviously in spanish and I’m a dingus.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

New study shows that quinine and z-packs do nothing for covid-19. I, for one, am shocked.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mentioned Boris in the ICU to my girlfriend and without hesitation she said “oh he’s dead.”

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Modly has now apologized to Capt. Crozier according to a tweet I saw just now in CSPAM.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919432

Go there for Biden is a lovely candidate chat and please stop making GBS threads up the CE thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Please take it to the other thread and slapfight about this til your heart is content.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Woofer posted:

No. This isn’t the time to have stupid safe spaces for getting trump out of office. People need to be shamed for allowing this poo poo to continue by voting for his re-election.

People are loving dying because of him. God forbid we upset the sanctity of the current events thread.

Alright then lets waste another three loving pages going in circles then that sure sounds like fun.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Could also talk about how Wisconsin is deliberately trying to get voters killed, as well.

Or the fact that USA is going to soon pass all of Europe combined for total cases.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

STOP ENGAGING THE TROLL ACCOUNT THAT REGGED A MONTH AGO

Cole isn't a troll account. He's been posting here for years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Woofer posted:

McNally give me a 24. I’m losing control and just wanna lash out.

I’m angry and I’m frustrated and I feel like we have no choice but to be hosed.

You're not the only person. I'm absolutely despondent about voting for Biden.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jarmak posted:

Naw, you're responsible for your own voting decisions.

Strategically? Yeah, to win the candidate needs to take it on themselves to get people's votes.

That's not a shield that protects you from moral judgement for helping Trump get reelected.

There is nothing we can do to stop Trump from getting re-elected if Biden is the democratic nominee. Shaming people who actually are likely to vote for him does nothing since there are vast swathes of people (not posting here) that are completely unmotivated by him. He's going to lose bad, and we are powerless to change that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah mea culpa. Decided to burn one down and listen to one love internet radio and am feeling much recovered

I haven't been able to smoke in almost a month because my lungs got so hosed by minor pneumonia. I had much gnarlier pneumonia in 2009, but this poo poo has got me still hosed up a month later. Tried to take a puff yesterday and my chest hurt like a motherfucker. Still can't do too much strenuous activity without getting winded.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1247601182312366081

:lol: gently caress off clown

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slight update - Modly has tendered resignation. Esper has not yet accepted it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

shame on an IGA posted:

This is a weird press conference even by trump standards

Care to share some cliff notes? I don’t want to watch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:rip: america

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

211 users banned as of this post and the number keeps rising :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

What does that mean for the non-sciencey among us?

R0 refers to how many people an infected person subsequently infects. Models were built on an r0 of 2.5 or so, that is that someone infects on average 2 and a half people. Turns out that's less than half the actual observed r0, so this thing is actually infecting a lot more people than we expected. That means that for herd immunity, vaccination, etc. our models way undershot and it's going to be worse/take longer than previously expected.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I dunno if mosquitoes are parasites but they can carry malaria and West Nile etc.

Also I said it yesterday, the market has been going up as higher and higher death counts keep coming to America. The ruling class is sick of the quarantine getting in the way of profits. The market is going to correct itself with the blood of Americans.

The market has 250k deaths and 50m unemployed with a ~3 month complete shutdown and recovery to follow priced in. We have to look like we’re going to be worse than that for the market to crash again.

There are definitely some issues with the efficient market hypothesis (such as irrational traders - c.f. tsla) but it is generally weak form efficient. The bad news is already priced in. The question is whether or not Trump can hit his quarterly projections. If so - market continues to drift upwards.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GoGoGadget posted:

I know he doesn't require silly things like facts or logic, but is there any merit to this at all besides strong daddy said so and the lieberals will win if we allow it?

Trump himself votes by mail. It's only because republicans want as few people voting as possible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pryor on Fire posted:

That picture is really good

Offloading MREs for the evacuated crew.

COVERALLS ON THE PIER!? :chiefsay:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Woofer posted:

Heated gamer moment.

Yeah he wasn't mad or anything. Was just like "mic check...nbomb"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BurningChrome posted:

What the gently caress is this Shao khan bullshit?

Dana White has bought an island somewhere converting it to be the UFC fight HQ until they can hold public events again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

reading the article, the family had an account negative $8000 due to massive overdrafts. The family claimed "some" of that was due to fraud, but could not prove the fraud. I've had a USAA debit card stolen and a friend has had her USAA checkbook stolen. The requirements to prove fraud are nearly nothing.

I don't mean to be that guy, but that family in particular drained their account as much as they could then opened a new bank account with another bank. I've seen that type of thing happen in the past, and I'm not surprised that the bank used the money towards that debt. It's very common in the personal banking world.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I will agree that it is absolutely lovely there was nothing in the bill that exempted banks from collecting on these types of debt. I know people need money.

I can also understand USAA receiving a deposit for an account that has been closed and charged off and garnishing it. Especially when said check is less than half of what was actually charged off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

USAA has reversed course, is no longer applying any stimulus towards debts, and is sending money to those already affected by the now canceled policy.

That's a good move, imo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Proud Christian Mom posted:

SCOTUS rules that the Sixth Amendment requires unanimous verdicts, and that this applies to the states via the Fourteenth. Oregon last and only state to allow non-unanimous verdicts. Now, here's the kicker, an effective 5-3-1 ruling and not how you think.

Gorusch,, Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kavanaugh for. Alito, Roberts and Kagan dissenting in varying degrees. Thomas concurring with the majority but believes the Sixth "applies against the States through the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, not the Due Process Clause"

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/18-5924_n6io.pdf

Thomas continuing his tireless crusade against due process jurisprudence so he can overturn all abortion caselaw and most civil rights precedence.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 20, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

These are may futures prices, and the main brokerage has announced they're going to allow negative trading. The issue is no one has room to actually store anything because there's no demand. If you can actually hold onto 1000 barrels of crude, you may get paid to do so soon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It hit 0 briefly meaning someone just got rid of a contract for 1000 barrels of WTI for may 20 delivery for free.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Negative rates for May delivery of the highest quality crude oil. This has broken some charts because they're not programmed to display negative rates for commodities. Typically electricity is the only type of commodity that can go negative.

People are paying to get out of oil contracts because they have no way to accept delivery.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

it's dropped as low as -$35 a barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

WTI has gotten that low before?

No. I mean today it dropped that low. The lowest i saw was -$40 something, but the contracts finally settled at -$37