Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Man, that family really is loving cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Old papa Kennedy must've made a deal with the devil in the 1920s. That's really the only explanation.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
That's an easy explanation.

Dickbags in the White House ignored the looming crisis for 6+ weeks, ignored the warnings, ignored rhe NSC playbook. That was 6 weeks we had to ramp up production, stage supplies, activate ANG and state guard units, and prepare. We lost 6 weeks because of denial and incompetence.

Because of that, every hospital and PPE manufacturer had to scramble when demand spiked. Because of the ongoing severe shortages of PPE at hospitals, they don't want anyone in the public buying and using actual N95s or other respirators, or half face masks, because that'll reduce the supply for our healthcare workers on the front lines, and they need it the most out of everyone. If more and more healthcare workers get sick, it decreases our ability to fight this thing.

Because of this, they don't want to tell people that they should be wearing masks, even though now we pretty much know it's going to lessen the chances of you getting infected (if you use it correctly). In addition to the supply issues, they're worried about the public not using the PPE correctly - see all the videos of morons touching their masks with bare hands (a huge no no - you need to take it off by the straps around your ears), and using gloves in public but touching everything they own, etc. People are loving stupid.

In short, it's a supply issue, plus they don't trust the average person to use it correctly.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 4, 2020

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

ita semper Idiotae

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

Not growing up with a religious background, it's always interesting to come across a new phrase that is apparently utterly innocuous to the person saying it that makes me :yikes:

https://twitter.com/AmarAmarasingam/status/1246658639785492480?s=19

14 states have exemptions for religious institutions in their stay-at-home orders. I suspect this will not go well for them.

If all of the evangelicals die off, that's a hell of a silver lining to this utter catastrophe.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

Serious question; what would happen if Trump did catch COVID and died?

I'd have a celebratory gin and tonic.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

egyptian rat race posted:

The dollar amount of the bottle of scotch I'm going to pick up is increasing weekly at this point

Apparently there's a surplus of grapes in CA, so wine will be cheaper for the next year to 3 years.

TIME TO STOCK UP BITCHES

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

It'd be nobles "volunteering" people to do it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Super great that Bernie dropped out!

gently caress

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao, that guy loving rules.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Tonight's Last Week Tonight was loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPidJLPnaPg

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I hope all the militia guys get covid and die because they don't believe it's real.

Also those officers should've arrested all those stupid fucks.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/_JakubJanda/status/1254488877223612421?s=20

Russia sent assasins to thr Czech Republic, and is mounting a massive intelligence operation and diplomatic pressure on both Poland and the Czechs.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I really wish these people would just take the quick route of killing themselves rather than potentially infecting and killing other innocent people.

I also wish I could tell every single one of them to kill themselves.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

As a Jew, this entire thing greatly disappoints me. They're risking their lives and the lives of so many others by doing that. Some weren't even wearing masks - not that it's of much use if they have giant beards making the mask have no seal at all around their face.

Fundamentalalists of any religion are loving idiots - these people are just as stupid as the morons flocking to churches saying they're protected by Jesus' blood. They should be treated no differently. Cite them, fine them, just as if they were any idiot going to church or Mosque during a loving plague.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Woofer posted:

That’s real dumb but your response shouldn’t be “green light on the Jews!”

De Blasio really hosed up the messaging, but I don't disagree with the intent. He should've been talking about every major religion in the city that continues to have large gatherings, saying that due to the loving plague, they will be cited and any large gathering will be broken up.

Common sense isn't so common. Fundamentalist religion breaks peoples brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Anyone have the link to that youngish guy that interviews idiotic Trump supporters?

He did one video recently about the open the economy protests.