Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Jesus christ that's the worst snipe I've ever seen.

To try and get as far away from that topic as possible, I only realised on the hard playthrough that the entire housing district Jessie's parents live in got dropped when the plate fell. I wonder if they survived (depends if they got a Name or not, with all the plot armour that bestows), or if Shinra managed any sort of evacuation.

Also were people disappointed that Roche never showed up again after Jessie's parents chapter? I had assumed he'd be a big part of the second bike chase, since he acts like a recurring villain but nada. Nomura subverting my expectations or did they just run out of time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think I caught Reeve saying he estimated 50000 casualties but I was distracted during that exact scene in case anyone remembers it better than me.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Onmi posted:

He said that the slums alone contain 50,000, and is about to launch into more, before he's cut off.

Thanks, glad that I got the gist of the scene at least. I was slightly disappointed that the makers still couldn't scale up Midgar properly, it seems a good megacity in the first part of the intro, when you're on the highway and with the 10000 scale model (which translates to a diameter of around 50 km!), but the in-game parts just don't hit that. It's particularly bad in the sun-lamp section, looking down the slums are just a few hundred boring shacks. Why didn't they go for a real slum feel, buildings built on top of each other to try and reach the plate, high rises, tons of streets (I don't care if there's nothing real in them, just procedurally generate them if you want!)...

Still, at least I know Jessie's dad survived, since he has a name: Roman Rasberry. Would have made a great wrestler name too!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Silly question but does the party level up when they're not in the team? Cos I haven't even had Aeris in my team in hard mode yet and she's level 50...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Or Lisa in Silent Hill PT...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Super No Vacancy posted:

if we're using reboots by way of creating an alternate timeline as guideposts then i would be more worried that this series could follow the path of star trek '09 and the sequel might be the worst installment in the whole franchise

Can't wait to see Simon Pegg as Cid

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He'll kill Barrett, as he'll be spiteful that his first attempt* was thwarted

*Well, his clone or whatever's first attempt

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Presumably biggs had a phoenix down used on him though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was going to suggest that Roche might come undone by the Sister Ray due to his inability to drive in a straight line to the end of the cannon, but he'll just drive around the circumference of the outside of the barrel to the end, no trouble there.