Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres a bunch of different ways they can make it happen. It could be an AU, it could still potentially be the "normal" universe. Cloud has a habit of just making poo poo up in his mind as a coping mechanism. We could be seeing a version of the events that let him cope with all the poo poo that has happened that lead up to him getting dipped into a pile of mako in disk 2 and the game picks up back in the normal universe when he wakes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean to me the mere existence of the Watchmen says things are gonna derail hard. We are all aboard the Rebuild train

Yeah, to me that means things are going how they are supposed to

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

You don't introduce ghosts to keep the future on track if you're gonna keep the future on track. That's loving stupid. If things don't change you just do it the same. I know Nomura has a rep but I don't think he's that incompetent.

lol no sorry, I meant things ARENT going how they are supposed to

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anything thats just conjecture shouldn't have to be spoiled, but if you are using information from the newer games that info needs to be spoiled

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The end of the game got uploaded. The plot turns into Kingdom Hearts. :negative:

If you don't believe me, see here: Major Ending Spoilers

the link is dead someone repost it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ahhahaha

I loving love it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sephiroth is going to end up being a good guy and he'll die protecting aerith

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Really if you look at the extended universe like Crisis Core you figure out that Seph was actually a really nice guy that got hosed over by circumstances so him actually going against that would be a cool twist

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its not like those moments wont be explained. The question shifts from what is happening to why; between someone thats never played the original to someone that has.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

lmao they hosed it up right at the finish line, just to appease japanese fans thirsty for zack dick

I dont know how this is even a fuckup because I'm finding this way more entertaining than if they had ended it with the ride to kalm

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Onmi posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242093653328134145/696180913599545364/NO_SPOILERS_REEEE.webm

Seriously I utterly love this. I hope the next time we see him he's on the beach the ghosts literally dumped him there.

I love it, the ghosts are literally fanboys throwing a fit every time something doesn't match the original storyline.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

precision posted:

I can't fathom the people saying this won't do as well as a straight remake would have done

Controversy sells. Pretend I posted that Call of Duty "boycott" image here

Im sure the greater general population will be absolutely fine with this and those most hurt by it will be those that refuse to call Aerith by her real name. Like almost a perfect circle venn diagram sort of thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

There's literally no reason for them to do that because it's strictly a Western only thing. They couldn't replicate it in Japanese.

FFXIVs localization is radically different from english to japanese. They can absolutely fit a joke like that if they wanted to just for the westerners

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No way diablo 4 is coming out this year, it'll be late 2021 at the earliest up to 2022.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It took 2 years to release XIII-2 after XIII came out and that was one hell of a terrible engine for a terrible console. Even with the increase in complexity of development in general, I'd say thats the timeline they are going to be going on.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You will almost certainly start getting info about where the game is going from the actual developers a year from now as part of the hype campaign

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SE did eventually cut their loses on FFXV to the point that the director that salvaged the mess quit, further limiting SEs pool of proper managers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Onmi posted:

I counter that the remake maintains a mystery of Sephiroth. The questions are just different. The game isn't pretending you don't know who Sephiroth is, so instead the question is, "How does he know what he knows, is that even him, How much does Aerith know because she also seems to imply she knows the future, and Cloud's experiencing flashes of it too. What is his deal and goal? The fact is we still don't have answers to any of those questions. Because it is a mystery with no answer given, we have conjecture and speculation.

And at the end we've recontextualized the entire opening act, the scope of the world you thought you knew and understood, and realized something far grander and potentially dangerous lays beyond the horizon. Except instead of it being a threat you already know, it's a threat that's once more unknown That is the entire point of the last boss battle being killing the Arbiters of Fate, who were so meticulously maintaining the timeline by stopping Cloud and company from going off the rails. To say that, from this point on, all bets were off, next time Cloud decides to chop Reno's head off, there isn't going to be a ghost to stop him and throw him away.

Yeah, I said it earlier but a new player is still going to be asking who and what questions more than they are how and whys but older players will be the ones asking the how and whys. A 1 for 1 remake would have completely eliminated any form of intrigue from the game and I'm glad they are taking this route. If they can stick the landings the game will be better for it than a straight remake.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Fair. It's a big gamble going from 0% chance of the world ending to ?% chance of the world ending, but I also get not wanting to die.

I mean they saw Red running around like in the end of the original so I'm expecting they did get to see that humanity was wiped out eventually.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It would be subversive as hell to have the exact lead up to the stabbing scene but seph just veers to the front and lands on cloud instead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vino posted:

The game is called "Final Fantasy 7 Remake" what are you on about

Definition of remake
transitive verb

to make anew or in a different form

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Twitch chats are full of people screaming "NOMURAAA" and blaming Plot Ghosts 'n poo poo, I suspect that the new gator cry will be purity or whatever. ("new")

Half of that is just trolling though. Like going Nojimbo or whatever. The vast majority of twitch streams chat I saw were making fun of the people raging.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like how nomura cant shake the belt fascination but has traded zippers for buttons.

it looks better IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really cant tell the difference. Like looking at the bridge of the nose as the focal point, both look the same. The distance between the nose and the mouth looks the same, the distance between the bridge of the nose and the eyes look the same. The distance between the mouth and the chin looks the same. The eyes, lashes and brow look a tiny bit different but given everything else I'm going to attribute it to how the face is slightly squinting from the animation in the left vs the more relaxed in the right.