Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Just finished it an hour ago, still digesting the ending:

What I liked overall:
-They really nailed the characterisations, Aerith and Barret especially.
-Each character felt really fun to play as
-Chapter 4 in general, seeing more of the AVALANCE Crew
-Wall Market
-The music that plays in the Sector 6 slums when it's just Cloud and Aerith, that gorgeous, melancholic synthy ambiance
-The humour was perfect, so many funny one-liners ("Yeah, nailed it, moving on")
-The first half of the Shinra Building (including the climb to get there)
-Red XIII being a guest character was pretty cool
-Fighting Rufus, The Arsenal and the motorcycle fights. Climactic.

What I disliked:
-Some of the sidequests were worse than loving Runescape
-Strange pacing issues (the pillar is being attacked! Now spend an hour playing an anime filler episode with ghost kids while you can see the pillar being attacked in the distance!)
-Second half of the Shinra Building had some incredibly cheeky padding and constantly switching Materia between Aerith and Barret was a bit of a chore.
-I couldn't take the 'Barret gets held up by President Shinra' scene seriously because a) it was stupid and b) he has a loving gun arm.
-Jenova felt awkwardly shoehorned in, I can't really explain it. If I had played this game without having played the original I would have assumed she was just another random rear end monster Hojo had made, like Not- Cthulu in the lab.

Still immensely enjoyed the game and I'm hyped for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Biggs being alive owns because he'll likely show up when the party parachutes back into Midgar to stop the Sister Ray only to get killed by Hojo just before he drinks the T-Virus.