Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

So, how did Cloud get so good wielding a giant slab of metal? He was just a Shinra goon, right? Reading the CC synopsis, sure he was mako infused to give him super strength, but did Zack train him during CC or something? Hell, it says here Zack wasn't even the original Buster Sword wielder which is pretty LOL.

Cloud is biologically a super soldier by the point he gets the buster sword so he's clowning on people at the start because of that more than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Qrr posted:

I missed the EKG cannon because I figured I'd have to be an idiot to pay this guy for something so trivial. I assumed he'd actually just give you a hint about the mole, thus saving you from talking to about 3 people.

I also missed the the weapon Tifa gets during monkey bars, and it was really annoying because after I completed that I noticed it up there in its purple box, but once the party reassembles she refuses to climb anymore.

Oh gently caress I just finished the game and missed both of these.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

My disappointment stems mostly from Cloud rising to the occasion in the fight, despite still being an absolute wreck in the brain at this point. I know it's not THE fight, but it still looks silly that he can pull off all that he does while he's still playing pretend.

No guarantee that it’s not all in his brain anyways and at the very end when it’s just him he ultimately does falter.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm just saying, he's like the Al Bundy of Final Fantasy land. He scored four touchdowns in a single game beat Sephiroth, now he sells women's shoes delivers packages, and lives with a pretty woman he doesn't want to have sex with.

I mean, in fairness the economy of FF7 is probably so hosed after the events of FF7 delivery boy might not be that bad in the grand scheme of things.

It doesn't help that he's probably got a fuckton to process given there hasn't been a week in his life that wasn't hosed pretty much from the moment he returned to Nibelheim.

Plus the whole dying thing :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So I was just thinking about something silly.

Everybody who was still alive and at the Mako Reactor (Cloud and Zack) were both put into pods for 5 years by Hojo.

If Zangan didn’t pick up Tifa from the reactor, would the same thing have happened to her? Would we have SOLDIER First Class Tifa Lockhart?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Harrow posted:

I was trying to remember which JRPG I was trying to think of that didn't have any consumable healing items--Xenoblade. That's what I was trying to remember.

Of course that series has tons of exploring and random items to pick up, just not for consumable healing items, so it's not quite an illustration of what I would expect from FF7R (though I suppose the large, open zones might appear in the next one).

Xenoblade also has the opposite problem where important crafting items are not necessarily guaranteed and require repeated farming of specific drop points.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Just Andi Now posted:

He did name his new airship after her in Advent Children, so it's possible they actually got together in a big whole problematic relationship after the events of the original.

To be fair that was the trend amongst the party anyways

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Just Andi Now posted:

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the party shacking up into problematic relationships, but I'm just going to ignore that and assume you're saying that every character named their new airship after Shera/Sierra leading to mass confusion at the parking lot.

Cloud doesn't mention the real name of his motorcycle when Tifa's in earshot

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

So after staying ahead of you the whole time so far, she suddenly goes "uhhh.... you guys go on ahead!" while doing the leg-crossing pigeon-toed stance that generally means "I have to pee". Then she won't move until you advance to the next screen, at which point she'll catch up and pass you guys again.

She totally had to stop and pee.

That's not her having to pee dumbass, she's aware she's wearing a miniskirt.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

The answer turned out to be surprisingly obvious: You can face-tank a whole lot of poo poo when Aerith can Magnify Curaga the squad back to full health.

The fight seems to be balanced around the expectation that you will in fact be doing exactly that because jesus christ

anyway now Sephiroth is balling up Cloud and dribbling him like a basketball so idk I'll finish this off another day. But it's quite challenging because loving Barret is showing up and a ranged tank is just completely useless in that fight. Maybe it prioritizes the squad members with the highest remaining MP?

It prioritizes whoever you built the most affinity with over the game afaik.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gologle posted:

I'm kind of surprised that Elentor, biggest stan of FF7 on these forums, was put off by parts of FF7r. I expected it to be a huge success with him personally.

That makes perfect sense really, a lot of those parts deviate hard and not always in the best ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

At least Tifa and Aerith were able to utterly demolish them without needing to be rescued.

GIVE HIM THE CHAIR.

If anything they rescued Cloud