Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Aeris acting like a psychopath in the middle of the street is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
LOL Jessie straight up tells Cloud she wants to gently caress him and his response is "are you seriously that desperate?"

oh man

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Gologle posted:

Look goons. I don't know how to break it to you, but sometimes, a person just isn't attractive to you no matter how hard you are attractive to them. Besides Tifa is the better girl anyway

telling someone you arent interested is very different than calling them out on their desperation...which is why its funny.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
they Chrono Crossed the FF7 story. Its a major clusterfuck and some people will like it and some will hate it. Its okay to have your own opinions and to be able to discuss it without feeling the need to change someone else's mind.

I, for one, dont understand why anybody had confidence in SE to tell a coherent story after the mess that is KH, FFXIII and FFXV.

Its fun though.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Remakes are never ever ever greenlit without marketing to new fans. Marketing to existing fans only is a recipe for disaster. Consider...

FFVII sold lets say 10 million....of those not everyone liked it...of the people who liked it 20 years ago, not all have PS4s...of those that have PS4s or whatever console it will be released not all may still be into gaming like they once were...and finally of those left, they may not like the changes...and of those left, many may not like the subsequent parts.

Every remake / reboot is created with the intention of repeating the lightning in a bottle with a new generation of fans.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

Guys, pack it up. New players won't like this because I'm mad that they didn't make the original again shot for shot.

I dont think anyone has said new players wont like it. I actually think there is a better chance that new players will like it more than previous fans because they wont be hindered by the nostalgia bias and will judge it based on its own merits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The thing I find the funniest about the remake is that everyone hated the dumb ghost things when they were first revealed, and then Cloud and Co. kill them and it's revealed that all they wanted was to keep the events of Final Fantasy VII the same instead of letting Nomura do whatever the gently caress he is. :allears:

the ghost things are FF7s original fans