Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It'd actually be interesting to me if the game ended up being a remixed take on the original, with new plot events and different outcomes, on the basis of some sort of post FF7 fuckery by Jenova to try to twist time to its favor by looping it. At the least, that'd play incredibly well into a lot of people's current feelings of 'I wish we could go back to 1990 and redo everything because it's all so turbofucked now' - and the obvious snag of saving Aeris meaning that the world will end to Holy, but possibly a necessity to stop Jenova inside of the timestream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Wait. Isn't this the SPOILER thread though? Shouldn't we just freely talk?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The end of the game got uploaded. The plot turns into Kingdom Hearts. :negative:

If you don't believe me, see here: Major Ending Spoilers

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Ahahaha what the hell is that

It appears to be a bunch of Organization 13 ring wraith bedsheets forming a gigantic Heartless WEAPON that is destroying Midgar and/or attempting to murder Cloud when he's Level 1 instead of 99 with gross spectacle and lots of nonsensical floating

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It is a cool concept, but the execution looks like Kingdom Hearts glitzy vomit. Very little interest now, especially with another 2-3 years of waiting for the next part.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I keep pity for Nomura, since it's clear by now he's been forced into a role he wants nothing to do with, and that's his life now, forever. The old guard have all left, and it's him alone made to manage megaproject after megaproject.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

realistically speaking this is probably going to end with everyone who previously died is now alive at the end via resurrection or time fuckery and Holy deciding to not murder the planet

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

would it have been too much to ask for them to have been a little more subtle about it all

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

it's going to be FF7's skin stretched over Kingdom Heart's body that has custom FF15 cyberware installed to bind it all together

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

:10bux: down that Aeris doesn't die until the END of the game, when Holy is about to nuke humanity. That way she can be with everyone until the end, and the ancient myth of her appearing in the glacier and at the church comes true.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'll buy it when every part is done (in 10 years), all the DLC is out, it's all in one GOTY package together, it has all the patches, it's on PC, and it has enough mods to make it bearable to play (like removing all combat chatter because that garbage got old a long long time ago)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RatHat posted:

Proudclod

huh

you know if they wanted to actually gently caress with people they would have had Cloud wander a corner on some sidequest errand and find himself in Disc 3 Midgar with it burning to the ground and riots in full swing, ending when some massive burst of blinding diamond light obliterates Shinra Tower

like actually have him pass in and out of setpieces to play up whatever the gently caress they're doing

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

They don't go that far but they do some poo poo that's pretty close

I was under the impression that those were visions, and not actually walking through glitches in time, in and out of future/past events. If they're going to gently caress with time itself, they may as well get creative with it, instead of Notheartless making you leap off of floating debris, or tormented dialogue dumps.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Alright, I was kind of entertained by the ridiculousness at first, but this is a bit much: https://streamable.com/8bsh95

Also, no one dies from the Plate falling. Everyone is fine and dandy and shows up alive and well in the ending.

christ what is this ridiculous overglossed masturbation
and yup I guess I'm on track with the nobody dies in new timeline idea

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

What are the odds this bombs so hard they don't even make a Part 2?

Zero. It's going to make gangbusters sales. The real question is can Part 2 keep sales up, seeing as how they decided to make this episodic, and they still have 75% of the game to go. If they blow another 3-5 years on slogging development, nobody is going to give a poo poo. If they have brains this will be and has to be an all-hands-on-deck, year+ nonstop crunch with thousands and thousands of employees to get out in any sane timeframe.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It would be cool in a horror way if he can surface screaming out of his own flesh to beg for Cloud’s help in stopping the Great Old One version of The Thing currently puppeting his corpse around

More likely the appeals are Jenova trying to change time by tricking Cloud with a more personal angle.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I just want them to slow their loving roll a little bit, it's a fine idea for a remake but it's obnoxious as hell to see them blow their load as quickly as possible with HEY REMEMBER THIS ICONIC SCENE? AND THIS ONE? REMEMBER AERIS DIES? HEY, LOOK IT'S SEPHIROTH! LOOK THERE HE IS AGAIN! HERE HE IS AGAIN. AND AGAIN! HE'S TALKING NOW LOOK LOOK IT'S HIM, LOOK, IT'S THE ICONIC ENDING SCENE WHERE CLOUD FIGHTS HIM IN HIS MIND! LOOK SEE REMEMBER SEE??

like gently caress me, just, slow the hell down and try to build intrigue instead of parking a party bus on top of everything

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay be honest if Aeris is about to get stabbed and a portal opens and a guy jumps out to save her would you rather it be this guy

These guys

Or this affable gentleman

you make a good point and I don't like it one bit

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

:10bux: down that Zack becomes some kind of masked swordsman you gotta fight a buncha times because he's now a mind-controlled science project or Jenova puppet

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

that was part of my letdown, was the lack of "We're chasing the Man In Black, mysterious and monstrous, a being who slaughtered the almighty President, and leaves a trail of bodies like the Midgar Zolom to mark the path of death" and instead it's this feeling of "Well that was a great show, we got one more surprise guest tonight THAT'S RIGHT IT'S THE MAN IN BLACK! HERE HE COMES LET'S LISTEN TO HIM TALK UP THE AUDIENCE! OOOOOOOOO HE'S FLASHING THE BIG BLADE RIGHT IN AERIS' FACE GET A CLOSE UP OF HER REACTION!!!

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5e87a86194e28-here-he-is-here-he-is-here-he-is.php

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The help I need is for you to have some fun with me teasing the game for being a little too up its own mythos' rear end.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Onmi posted:

The joke is that in the Bombing run, after Barret goes on his huge spiel about the planet, and how he can hear it crying out in pain, Cloud implores him to "get help"

I'm happy they kept that from the original. Cloud's delivery was everything I'd hope for in the line.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

She knows what she likes and doesn’t have time to waste over it

This is a woman who walks into a bar with her drinks and tip already planned from shot #1 to blacking out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I think that's addressed by the fact that Sephiroth is DEAD by then. It's not him. It's Jenova squirming around inside of his assimilated corpse like a sack of cosmic maggots. The person Sephiroth, who would care about these things, is long long gone. With the game's theme of 'nobody is as they seem' Jenova's long con is fooling everyone into thinking there's a man named Sephiroth behind it all, and not an alien nightmare playing pretend.