Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lessail posted:

doesn't that describe the advent children guys

Oh goddamn it, I hope that isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jetrauben posted:

Descriptions imply that monsters just seem to be a thing in the world. Shinra needs to build war machines to fight them. I get the impression Mako exposure happens naturally, and reactors are just opening geysers where there shouldn't be.

Wasn't the reason for Sephiroth going to Nibelheim was because the Mako reactor was causing the local fauna to mutate and turn vicious?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dell_Zincht posted:

Well duh, i'm guessing Gaia's supply of phones were made in Midgar and Midgar got destroyed by meteor

Nah, Cloud and Tifa are using a constant supply of burners because what he delivers are drugs.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dell_Zincht posted:

http://letao.is-a-geek.net/ff7script/part11.html#sx4

She doesn't really say anything particularly interesting, she's just confused like Cloud.

A fun thing you can do though is not recruit Yuffie until Tifa becomes party leader. If you do that Yuffie calls her "Boobs" lol

Cid gets called a 'cranky-legged old man' if you wait til him. Oh the days where I had that kind of time to devote to a video game...

I'm expecting that Tifa's reaction to Nibelheim will be expanded in the remake. I thought the original was lame because about the most she said was one or two lines about 'Everything looks the same...'

I'd expect her to freak the gently caress out at realizing the black cloaks are her old friends and neighbors and that if Zangan hadn't carried her to safety, she'd be one too.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

night slime posted:

What does Barret say when Aeris dies in battle? I can only hear "That the girl who saved my Marlene?" I like the idea that he still doesn't really know who she is but assume I'm missing a word or two the beginning.

I think it's 'this's how you repay the girl that saved Marlene?', if I remember it right.

I had kind of a rough time on the Arsenal boss, and AI Aerith seemed to always be in the line of fire when it launched plasma cannon, so I heard it plenty.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wellwinds posted:

Question, So Tifa apparently finds Cloud shortly before the events of the game happen, is it that she basically knows something's really weird but otherwise takes him at face value, or is she aware he's completely delusional but doesn't know what to do about it besides help him get work since he apparently can kill things good?

She knows something's really weird about him, so she gets Barret to hire him to keep him around/keep an eye on him/try to figure it out. The issue is that Tifa also has PTSD, so when Cloud starts saying things like 'I was there when Sephiroth burned down Nibelheim!' and 'I was in Soldier' she never calls him out on it because she starts to doubt her own recollection of things.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Beefstew posted:

I want a fighting game that's a bit more traditional with just the cast of FF7.

That (sorta) already happened back in 1998!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barret caught Dyne's left hand with his right hand, then Scarlet deliberately aimed at them with a machine gun.

Even if they still had their hands/forearms attached after that, they probably wouldn't be much good, so why not get a gun grafted on instead.

My only question, Barret went for the Gatling gun, Dyne had more of a laser cannon thing. Which guy went for the more expensive model of revenge prosthesis?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

lezard_valeth posted:

My question is who is the doctor that gives sick revenge prosthesis? That sounds like a doctor that would get along well with Hojo

If you go into the EU stuff, he found an artisan

quote:

Old Man Sakaki is a character in the On the Way to a Smile novella "Episode: Barret". According to Barret Wallace, Sakaki designed several prosthetic arms for Barret after the destruction of Corel, including a hammer-arm, shovel-arm, and hook-arm, but these failed to satisfy him. Sakaki eventually gave Barret an adapter that could attach multiple prosthetics — or weapons — and told Barret that he was consumed with thoughts of revenge against Shinra, and so no attachment Sakaki could devise would please him.

Years later, Barret returned to Sakaki and requested a prosthetic hand so he could live a normal life. Sakaki tells Barret it will take a week, and has him work helping his nephew in the meantime. When Barret returns, Sakaki presents him with a wooden prosthetic, but Barret tells him he still has fighting to do. Sakaki then reveals a steel hand for Barret, which he designed for him years ago, which Barret takes.

Give us the goddamn hammer arm!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

Freak everyone out by giving him a cybernetic regular arm and a big shotgun in the next game

Tweak it a little and turn concept art Barret into a reality!

E:
Concept art toad Barret looks rad as gently caress

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 14, 2020

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gologle posted:

I mean in AC Cloud is dying of cancer, so...

Plus he saved the world, yet now works as a delivery driver...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Clarste posted:

Saving the world doesn't pay the bills, my friend. All he's got, skillset-wise, are sword tricks, motorcycle tricks, and hybrid sword/motorcycle tricks.

I'm just saying, he's like the Al Bundy of Final Fantasy land. He scored four touchdowns in a single game beat Sephiroth, now he sells women's shoes delivers packages, and lives with a pretty woman he doesn't want to have sex with.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

TheKingofSprings posted:

So I was just thinking about something silly.

Everybody who was still alive and at the Mako Reactor (Cloud and Zack) were both put into pods for 5 years by Hojo.

If Zangan didn’t pick up Tifa from the reactor, would the same thing have happened to her? Would we have SOLDIER First Class Tifa Lockhart?

I think Cloud and Zack were experimented on solely because they were 'company property'.

Tifa probably would have ended up a mumbling black cloak like the other townspeople.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

WaltherFeng posted:

What the heck is up with Rufus anyway.

Like everyone else at Shinra has stylish suits like the Turks and here's this rear end in a top hat wearing the leftovers from Nomura's teen years.

He's the VP and hates his dad something fierce.

"Oh, you want me to wear a suit in public, dad? Want me to dress professional?"

*Blows a ridiculous amount of gil on the most obnoxious custom suit possible*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Schwartzcough posted:

Some important BACKGROUND LORE from an interview with Toriyama.

Harsh.

This is deep and important lore that was frankly irresponsible of them to leave out of the game. I hope Ottoman gets more backstory in Part 2.

This tidbit is important to know later when it turns out Ottoman intentionally drops the key for Tifa in the Junon gas chamber in part whatever, just to get back at Scarlet.

I'd also settle for that part getting changed to Roche crashing through the wall of it for no explicit reason.