Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

i say swears online posted:

where the gently caress are all my streams

There were a ton earlier, but then the banhammer came down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Why is everyone suddenly acting like this is poo poo because it's a sequel instead of a 1 to 1 remake? You haven't even played the game (most of you) and are already acting like it killed your mother. Why are so many of you such reactionary morons?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I'm glad it's not just the same game in HD. This means that as a fan of the original I get to still be surprised and wonder what's going to happen next. I can understand that some people wanted that, but you guys claiming no one wants this are wrong. And so far you have been completely proven wrong, as every person I've seen that has actually played it loves it.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Why was Red XIII so mean to Barrett in the trailer? :(

Res XIII was always snarky at first, especially to Barret.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Guys, pack it up. New players won't like this because I'm mad that they didn't make the original again shot for shot.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

How is no one saying this? People are decrying the game a failure already and stating it not being able to attract new players is one of the reasons

Wolfsheim posted:

No I meant like if the plot is already heavily referencing things that you dont actually find out about in the original until the very end of the game like Zack dying with the expectation you already know what happened to him and understand the subversion of him not dying then you dont really get a payoff from that

Understandable. I think they could have been more clear about this being a sequel so any new players knew to play the original first, sure. But I'm glad they didn't, as someone who has played it, because of the surprise.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I think this is mostly a nojima joint than a nomura one, writing wise, but I had the same knee jerk.

Yes, Nojima is the writer. Nomura is a designer.