Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

My shelter-in-place story:

A month or two ago I decided to fire up my long-neglected Epson 2200 to start printing again, figuring that all the digital bits can go bye-bye, but prints stand a chance of hanging around for the long term.

So the heads are stubbornly clogged of course, and since a few head-cleaning cycles don't clear them, I run some cleaning solution through whatever slot is the problem this time. This has worked before, and seems to work again, so I do one more pattern print to check for clogs, and it's a mess because of the solution, so then I go to do one more and the printer light goes out, never to come on again.

Dammit dammit dammit dammit

So this thing is toast, but it's over 15 years old at this point so I ordered a new Epson P900 from B&H, hopefully to arrive in a few weeks.

Japan has officially declared victory over COVID-19, so everyone there is going back to work and perhaps I will get my new printer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

If you can get a paper profile you can do soft-proofing in Lightroom which I find makes a big difference.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Real nice! Have you considered doing a slight vignetting?