Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

i have bought a few craigslist special canon pro-100s and they're cheap enough (~$100 if you're lucky) and make good prints

Blackhawk posted:

You probably don't need any kind of calibrator if you use the OEM inks for the printer and get colour profiles from whatever paper manufacturer you use, the calibrator is really only essential if you want to use 3rd party inks IMO, I was doing well enough without one before I swapped ink.

it's more important to calibrate your monitor than to create your own icc profiles for ink/paper combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I print a lot and 188gsm is thin for a "fine art" print but thicker than a book or magazine and 300+ is absurdly thick and I only use it when I need paper ASAP and there's no other stock available.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

refleks posted:

Canon Pro 100S update:

Still impressed by the prints. Made a few prints and mounted it on some foam-board as a birthday present for my dad.

Only issue I've run into has been some A3 Canon Pro Premium Matte PM-101 printing incredibly weak color (B/W).

Printed the exact same picture with no settings changes on Somerset Enhanced Photo Paper and using the profile for that type of paper and it came out as expected.

probably not the case but were you printing on the right side of the canon paper?