Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is the only Platinum Game I have ever wanted to play that I haven’t played yet. I am VERY excited about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pirate Jet posted:

Wonderful 101 straight up doesn’t tell you some things, but MGR does that and sometimes even the things it tells you are worthless. I still know people who couldn’t figure out how to parry based on the tutorial they gave, and the vast majority of players I talked to didn’t know you could cut off Sundowner’s shield - so they missed the game teaching them to cut through multiple points (and ate poo poo when Armstrong started throwing rocks.)

I'm sorry but your friends are dumb. The game literally freezes in place and forces you how to learn to do these things. You can't get mad at a game if you skip a tutorial, and using Blade Mode on specific body parts is something every human size boss asks you to do and rewards you for.

I'm not defending the typical practice of lobbying dodge and parry moves in the item shop that they do in every single game they make. I understand why they do it but I get why people don't like it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The best part of the MGR thread was absolutely 20 different goons getting to Armstrong and flat bricking.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess I never struggled with it because the game enters bullet time and I used the stick-flick method instead of the button press method and found it very easy.

But I’ll cop to dying on the exploading bridge in the first level like 10 times so you don’t think I’m just bragging lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is there any chance of this getting a performance patch on the Switch? I would much rather have it on Switch than the PS4 but I've been burned pretty badly by bad Switch ports