Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

on the less-embarassing end, I think that Toa Henare is going to be the second New Zealander to hold the IWGP championship. He's got passion and heart as big as the Tokyo Dome and he is getting really good in the ring.

On the more embarassing end, in the dying days of WCW I thought Misfits In Action were a fun stable with a lot of potential despite their silly names. In my defense this was before people knew what a piece of poo poo Bill DeMott was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Alaois posted:

i liked Chuck Palumbo during the dying days of WCW

I remember when he was in that stable, the Natural Born Thrillers, that was four of the same guy, plus Above Average Mike Sanders.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I seem to remember Peter Avalon was in a tagteam with a wrestler who was a goon about ten years ago. Nick Lovin, unless I'm remembering the name wrong.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

shiksa posted:

speaking of nunzio, I watched some mid 00s smackdown a while back and I loved Jamie noble. he was a real good worker for the time, and his little pissed off redneck guy who is looking for someone to gently caress his hot girlfriend character consistently cracked me up.

I remember when he found out he'd inherited a whole bunch of money and just yelled "We're going to Applebee's!" in joy. That was the good stuff.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Art Barr. Was, supposedly, an outstanding wrestler. Which means nothing if he was a rapist, obviously.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

Havoc vs Ospreay was by far my favourite thing PROGRESS did, and alot of that lay on Havoc. Dude was a great promo and wasn't too distracting in the ring, and heel Ospreay was a breath of fresh air when the Swords reunited.

Also I really enjoyed Paul Robinson in the same period. The Swords of Essex breakup and eventual reunion, as well as the #1 contender's match when Havoc lost the title. I haven't followed Progress in a couple of years, but his work hold good memories for me. Always appreciate a vicious little fucker in wrestling.

Paul Robinson is/was also a really solid "angry little guy" promo. He cut one on Walter last year that had me halfway believing he could take the title. https://youtu.be/NA9TeHIR_78

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The combination of Jimmy Wang Yang and late era WCW makes me think of my favourite late era WCW stable: Jung Dragons!

They were managed by Kimona Wanalaya (as Leia Meow)! One of them went on to be Jamie Noble Boy! One of them went on to be Jimmy Wang Yang! One of them went on to be president of Wrestle-1 and crash it into the rocks! They had generally really good matches against 3-Count which nobody gave a poo poo about because this was late era WCW and nobody gave a poo poo about anything! Their gimmick was massively racist but also largely ignored!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DJExile posted:

I'm not sure I'll ever figure out how Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels made that superkick work. Just a phenomenal spot.

E: Shelton's debut match against HHH was a blast too.

Oh poo poo, that's where Sammy got it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZ1S32I3Lg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lid posted:

I for real liked Prince Iaukeau which im sure i butchered the name of because i was a mark for bridging German suplexes... still am actually.

He also had a really pretty jumping DDT.