Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The way they interact with the regular set of flight moves is also unclear. Like I assume they can't use anything that generates RPM, but it's not actually stated anywhere.

e: The only glider related rules text is in Altitude Adjustment, where it establishes a 6-to-1 climb ratio and rules out using the steady climb ratio instead.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

It's honestly a pretty big bummer that I have to spend an asset pick and a playbook move on something that's strictly inferior to the Witch's equivalent. Like I'm not expecting a wingsuit to replace a plane or anything, but it's a really big investment of character resources for something that, as TBK mentioned, feels incredibly situational rather than a selling point of the character.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

It seems at that point you're playing a different game entirely than the crunchy aerial combat. Which, hey, I'm down for, but why is it even statted out as a plane in that case? It seems like it might as well be a set of narrative permissions.

Like, to be perfectly clear, I'm trying to understand the sequence of rolls that go along with these actions. It seems pretty safe to assume that Dogfight! is called for to board something, but do you need to Wingwalk then before you can roll to Swashbuckle?

Tricky fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 4, 2020

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Can you walk me through what a boarding action might look like in the context of a combat engagement, in terms of rolls? I'm really not getting the intended functionality and flow of it from the move description alone.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

How do G-Forces work with the Broom and the Wingsuit? The Broom makes it clear in the detailed writeup that it has infinite effective strain, so it seems reasonable that it just never triggers overstrain. Is the same true for the Wingsuit, since it's also working on the "you only take damage on a crit, but it automatically hits you" principle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Rad! I am looking forward to that. I've figured out some things that very much don't work through experience, but having a better idea of how to set myself up would be really handy.