Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Give me the plane game. I need the plane game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

open_sketchbook posted:

You'll need to use the plane design rules to make some wacky Interwar aircraft instead of wacky WW1 aircraft, and then you'll need to prune or modify some playbooks. Like, Witch and Fisher don't really belong, and Survivor will need some changes. But then it'll run it just fine: a Sky Pirate team like the Fortune Hunters in Crimson Skies is basically exactly what your average Flying Circus is.

Everything else you need is there: armed zeppelins, taking jobs, daring wingwalking, drinking yourself silly in New Orleans while waiting for the contact that has a map to buried treasure that the Third Reich is also after...

hell yes, sky pirates assemble

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

open_sketchbook posted:

None of the playbooks are very similar at all. Even before you get to actual playbooks, you have the four Aircraft Masteries, which are all vastly different ways of flying. One player could take Bushwack and be heavily encouraged by it to never attack except with surprise and to pull up and away the moment its not going their way, while the Dogfighter wins by literally wearing the enemy down in turn fights.

Then... like, you might play a Witch who doesn't even both firing her guns because she's got magic, a Fisher whose demonically possessed airplane allows them to take their hands off the controls to do midair blood rituals, or maybe you're just playing a Skyborn and you punch on an autopilot and jump out the plane to wingsuit to the enemy and defeat the enemy pilot at swordpoint. Or even among the more conventional classes, the Farmer can push their machine beyond the limits of reason while the Believer's basic mechanic demands they take stupid risks on the regular. So, absolutely.

One of my projects after this, though, is to do a more explicitly historical and military game, using the air rules but a new set of ground rules that brings it closer to Night Witches in many ways. It's been drafted and I'll be testing it after the game is out.

oh my good lord i need to find someone to run this game. is there anyone here thinking about putting together a discord or roll20 game?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Now if only I could find somebody to play with.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

One of the guys on the Night at the Opera (Delta Green) discord wants to run it.

Can you put me in touch? Send me a forum PM, or a discord name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

I just noticed the antifa catgirl :allears: