Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

How much can I expect to pay once the game releases?

open_sketchbook posted:

You'll need to use the plane design rules to make some wacky Interwar aircraft instead of wacky WW1 aircraft

aw ye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

open_sketchbook posted:

The current plan is a 25 dollar digital release, which will contain the rulebook (314 pages), playbooks (10 backgrounds and 45 planes), plus the engineering guide as it becomes available and is updated.

I know that's a bit steep for an indie game, but again, I've worked on this full time for three years. I assure you it'll be well worth it.

Oh I'm definitely buying it. 25 is easily worth it, it's extremely unique and ticks literally all of my boxes. Just one more question though, would it be possible to run this with just one player and one gm?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Just one week left to teach my wife the basics of aviation so she can play this with me. She's crazy about the setting but doesn't know jack about planes. I have an old playtest of the game that I've been going over and she's picking it up real quick.

I don't even remember downloading the playtest, but it's been sitting in my RPG folder for months now apparently.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

open_sketchbook posted:

GAME IS OUT! I'm going to sleep for a week now.

DriveThruRPG Link

Itch.io Link

Have fun, pilots.

This is probably a dumb question but do you get more money if I buy it on DTRPG or Itchi.io?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I love everything about it so far, down to the little Easter eggs in the art and jokey text like for the Fliegerflammenwerfer description.

I've taught my wife the concept of treating energy/altitude like currency, maybe I can find a nice and semi-brief youtube video to teach her other basics. I love flying but I'm a poo poo teacher.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I can see why. I really do like it a lot, I like it so much I've already started adapting it to my favorite setting, the Mojave desert. I only do that for games when I plan on doing more than one or two campaigns.

I can definitely see myself playing this for years to come, thanks for making it :)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

FrangibleCover posted:

Hmm, Flying Circus: Red Flag could be an interesting expansion actually. Air combat is mostly PvP, entirely simulated and predicated around winning glory and export orders for your nation or aircraft type. The ground game is where the real conflict happens as pilots carouse their way through Las Vegas and argue about who did what best. Oh, and the teams rearrange daily so everyone is in it for themselves as much as anything.

I don't think this is what you meant by Mojave but I love it anyway?

I'm just a dork that likes the area that I grew up in, but this is 1,000% radical.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I've been with my wife for ten years, and she's been incredibly patient as I dragged her along to aviation museums and listened intently and kindly while I talk about my Uncle who served as a pilot in WW2, but over all those years aviation never really took her interest.

That is until we got this game, she's been playing flight simulators all day and she took to it really quickly, quicker than I ever did. She's looking up various symbols to come up with livery for her planes in Flying Circus, and is actually saying how much she can't wait to go to the air museum once the lockdowns are over.

So from both of us I just wanted to say thanks again, best 25 I've spent in a while

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

gently caress why did I pick tonight to get completely drunk off my rear end?

Oh well, attempting to make a pilot now

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

PM'd Zurui my playbook, I probably included too much stuff but better safe than sorry lol

... Except I just noticed I forgot to include my Mastery move :ohdear:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Very excited for the upcoming PbP game, like others I never feel like I understand a system until I play it, and this will be my first PbtA game ever

ThreeStep posted:

I'm reading through the playbooks and just got to the Farmer. Those move names are amazing :allears:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Will there be a supplement or something where we get bigger pictures of all the different planes? I feel like you put in a ton of effort into designing unique and fun planes and it's hard to fully appreciate them while I'm squinting at them in the playbook. Although zooming in a ton helps lol, still I can't wait for the supplements to come out.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 26, 2020

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pretty sure they're one and the same stat. Considering that the example "ideal alt" is the same as the "alt" stat on 90% of planes, and considering that a quick ctrl+f search shows no other results for "ideal alt" I definitely assume they're the same.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Not gonna lie, I'd easily drop 10/15 bucks on a supplement that featured full pages for each plane, some expanded equipment, and history behind the various fictional manufacturers.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Loxbourne posted:

a heavy cannon that managed to be "recoilless" via the simple method of firing another projectile backwards at the same time the main gun was fired!

I've heard of a lot of "wtf" military tech but this is definitely way way up there, and yet not at all surprising for the era

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

What does "SG" mean in reference to a planes weapon profile?

I'm looking at the Ritter Sperling A and it says it has a fore access SG, does SG mean submachinegun?

I'm looking for a crappy enemy plane that's easy to shoot down and it looks perfect

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

LatwPIAT posted:

The technique continues to see use today, typically with a counter-projectile made of plastic flakes or something similar so it scatters and slows down quickly.

That's really cool, and a lot less insane than the "Equal but opposite bullet" thing I was imagining in my head

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The weapons "Hits" stat is how many hits it does at knife range. 75% of that number at close range, 50% at long, and 25% at extreme. So if it's a 4 hit weapon it's 4/3/2/1, double those if it's a twin-linked weapon. The numbers are slightly different if the weapons are mounted on the wings rather than the nose, and it's explained on page 49 of the rulebook, "Weapon System Cards".

Range bands are also further explained on page 74 under "Shooting Moves" and weapon tags are explained on page 171, "Equipment Tags"

"Open-Bolt means this weapon cannot be fitted with a synchronizer gear: the action too unpredictable or slow to work."

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 8, 2020

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Just wanted to say how nice it is that you're engaging with the community and how receptive you're being to feedback. I'm sure it's all very stressful but I appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

xthetenth posted:

A thing I just noticed, the move in air combat to spare your engine and one of the survivor's playbook moves are both called "Cool Off".

Yeah that actually threw me off for a bit because I thought you meant the flight move, not the survivor move and I was all "Whaaaaat"