Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

PinheadSlim posted:

I've already started adapting it to my favorite setting, the Mojave desert.
Hmm, Flying Circus: Red Flag could be an interesting expansion actually. Air combat is mostly PvP, entirely simulated and predicated around winning glory and export orders for your nation or aircraft type. The ground game is where the real conflict happens as pilots carouse their way through Las Vegas and argue about who did what best. Oh, and the teams rearrange daily so everyone is in it for themselves as much as anything.

I don't think this is what you meant by Mojave but I love it anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

spectralent posted:

Do these need to be IRL WW1 aircraft, or is there scope to go outside? Because I've always been more of a sucker for the interwar and WW2 ones and something like a Chaika or a Hurricane would be cool.
These would be WW1 aircraft for Flying Circus, or aircraft that could have been produced in WW1 but weren't because most aircraft designers were not completely bonkers.

The rest is coming later.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

SelenicMartian posted:

I haven't see the rules, but how many Junkers planes have you got? The guy made his WWI poo poo out of metal.

Any plane with this in it is weird https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens-Halske_Sh.III

And I hope this is in the game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFW_Floh

Junkers has contributed the CL.I as Hugo’s Einzigartiger Stahl-Jagdbomber! and the J 1 as Hugo’s Ganzmetall Wunderflugzeug!, and the Sh.III is the engine in the Rathenau-16d. The Floh is an excellent shout though!

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

open_sketchbook posted:

Also, yes, it gives a good bonus to visibility because you can see through your own plane, but there are none in the premades. In part because I wasn't sure how to make it in the art style...
The Theler Drachen has it!

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

LatwPIAT posted:

Weapon in the front, confetti cannon in the back!
I think you're confused about which end is the primary one.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Reporting from actual play, I've been in a group with a Skyborn who managed to spend the entire fight outside of their aircraft quite easily. They had a swordfight, a death defying dive, an attempt to negotiate with an opposing pilot and a jump from one ascending friendly plane to another which was below them but ascending faster so they could regain energy more quickly. It seemed like fun.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

GimpInBlack posted:

If I'm at knife range with a wing-mounted gun, I hit with 80% of my shots. On a 20+ on the Open Fire Move, I shift 1 closer. Since there is nothing closer than knife range, we stay at knife range and 80% hits. If, on the other hand, I roll an 11-15, we shift 1 farther, which puts us into the optimal range for the weapon and we do 100% hits. It's the only instance where rolling a weak hit is straight-up better than a strong hit.
It's a fair point overall, but you get no shift on 16-19 full hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

open_sketchbook posted:

The new Steady Climbing mechanic will probably help to get some bonuses to mitigate it, though, but yeah, flak is brutal for a reason.

EDIT: I really really want to run a historical Ground Attack campaign with like, IL-2s or P-47s or something, just really engage that stuff.
Due to the nature of the threat environment and the speeds: Huey Hogs in the high Vietnamese mountains, late 60s?