Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Extremely my poo poo.

You had me "yeah I'm probably gonna buy this soon"-ing with the cover art, but ToTM/pbta air combat with speed & altitude as currency is such an amazingly good idea that it pushed me immediately to "buying right now" just to see exactly how you did it.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

thatbastardken posted:

what's the difference between the Altitude stat of a plane and the Ideal Altitude stat of an engine? almost every plane in the playbooks has an ALT of 29.

Altitude's the maximum, isn't it? While ideal altitude is the altitude above which the engine starts losing performance.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 30, 2020

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd easily drop 10/15 bucks on a supplement that featured full pages for each plane, some expanded equipment, and history behind the various fictional manufacturers.

I'm never gonna get to play this game. I haven't bought a setting guide for years. But saaaaaaaaaaaame.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

I've heard of a lot of "wtf" military tech but this is definitely way way up there, and yet not at all surprising for the era

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a hilariously simple idea that's essentially just a rifled tube open both ends with the round consisting of projectile/propellant/counterweight. Like someone asked an 8 year old kid how to solve recoil and they went "just shoot a bullet out both ends at once, duh".

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 1, 2020