Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Fantastic news about mod support, I still remember dicking around with the rules.ini and making cruisers shoot nuclear dogs across the entire map.

e: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Bloody Pom posted:

Fantastic news about mod support, I still remember dicking around with the rules.ini and making cruisers shoot nuclear dogs across the entire map.

e: :synpa:

If you used the civilian model with slow speed and gave them the dog attack it had a nice zombie effect where they would slowly shamble up before vomiting a dog at you.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That's an interesting thought. Dog Handler. Spawns up to x dog units if enemies are in a certain range. Maybe provides healing/regen to Dogs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Thanks for making a thread, I was gonna do it but I thought I'd look first.

Very very excited for this.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Are they keeping the original 'ai' scripting for the campaigns or what?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Spookydonut posted:

Are they keeping the original 'ai' scripting for the campaigns or what?

Pretty sure they've translated all the original source into their new custom built engine that they will use to remaster all the games.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Pretty sure they've translated all the original source into their new custom built engine that they will use to remaster all the games.

from tib sun onwards the ai works different

edit: oh actually its almost exactly the same thing

Spookydonut fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 28, 2020

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, since this is a source port of the pre-tib sun games the tib sun AI is mostly irrelevant. I'd expect a direct port of the original AI for the campaigns so as to not break mission scripts, but likely a more modern AI for skirmish since there's much more freedom of implementation there.

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 28, 2020

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Okay I just did the research and tibsun/ra2 use the same AI scripting triggers for campaigns which is basically just an enhanced version of the cnc1/ra1 one.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Question: Will they eventually remaster all of them?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Limited Run has started issuing the Steam keys for the remaster. They say to wait until June 1st before emailing support if you haven't received yours.

LLJKSiLk posted:

RA2 is practically a national treasure so I think it'd be foolish of them not to. I'd be surprised if they haven't already put some effort into scoping the work. Officially, all they've said is they won't rule it out.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 28, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LLJKSiLk posted:

I'd be surprised if they do 3d games, but hopefully they get to TS and RA2, preferably as one package again. Depends on how this one sells, I'm sure, and of course the hope would be that these games lead to actual new games.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

LLJKSiLk posted:

The answer is likely directly related to a number of people's credit cards, at least for a Tiberian Sun/RA2 compilation. Beyond that there's likely less compatibility problems or need to upscale since it's vector graphics.

Chev fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 28, 2020

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
If they don't then community will do it probably

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fallom posted:

Officially, all they've said is they won't rule it out.

They said something vague like C&CR is the first part of our celevration of the anniversary.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
i unironically hope they manage to remaster generals and zero hour at some point

maybe the us soldiers won't look like they're wearing space helmets anymore

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

drkeiscool posted:

i unironically hope they manage to remaster generals and zero hour at some point

maybe the us soldiers won't look like they're wearing space helmets anymore

I will be ecstatic if they remaster them with the care that they seem to be putting into the first two games and continue with Steam intergrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AMA here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/gswgbw/amaa_were_the_team_behind_the_command_conquer/

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Never got my Steam key, now I get to wait 3-5 days on Limited Run's support. Not that big of issue since the preload is 25GB and there is no way I would be able to download it anyways.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You love to see it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They just posted the source code today:

https://github.com/electronicarts/CnC_Remastered_Collection

Durendal posted:

Never got my Steam key, now I get to wait 3-5 days on Limited Run's support. Not that big of issue since the preload is 25GB and there is no way I would be able to download it anyways.

I was shocked it was 25GB. Is every little unit built in 4k!?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
it's probably from the bajillion music tracks they added

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drkeiscool posted:

Duh, and I forgot they pulled in cutscenes from the console versions and whatever else they could find in storage.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

drkeiscool posted:

This can only be good tbh

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Fallom posted:

RA2 is practically a national treasure so I think it'd be foolish of them not to. I'd be surprised if they haven't already put some effort into scoping the work. Officially, all they've said is they won't rule it out.

I only just found out that RA2 (and I guess Tib sun) has a simple physics system that never really effects the game but you can flip over tanks by doing very very specific things and it will kill them.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
This is pretty cool. I wonder how my nostalgia will hold up with these things. I loved me some Red Alert and the ant mission were fun. I don't remember how the dinosaur missions worked, I played them and the dinosaurs were invisible, and buggy, but they had great sound effects which I'm pretty sure were just westwood employees making dinosaur noises.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Durendal posted:

Check your spam folder, mine was in there.

If it hasn't been sent at all get in touch with limitedgames here: https://limitedrungames.freshdesk.com/

The pre-install is 18.1gb for reference.

Fallom posted:

Duh, and I forgot they pulled in cutscenes from the console versions and whatever else they could find in storage.

4 hours of b-roll footage alone (so other takes of the cutscene recording sessions etc) and some other bonus video.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I hope those mods get ported over to remastered C&C, they sound amazing.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Flannelette posted:

I only just found out that RA2 (and I guess Tib sun) has a simple physics system that never really effects the game but you can flip over tanks by doing very very specific things and it will kill them.

Yeah tibsun had it too as well as simple voxel deformation (nod artillery spam to make massive holes), i'm pretty sure like meteor debris can cause damage and it uses the physics system

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vlex posted:

I hope those mods get ported over to remastered C&C, they sound amazing.

Which mods?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I'm so incredibly excited to play modded RA.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

This is pretty cool. I wonder how my nostalgia will hold up with these things. I loved me some Red Alert and the ant mission were fun. I don't remember how the dinosaur missions worked, I played them and the dinosaurs were invisible, and buggy, but they had great sound effects which I'm pretty sure were just westwood employees making dinosaur noises.

I vaguely recall that being an issue with the demo version of the game

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Pre-loading!

Also glad to see that there is a difficulty slider for C&C 1 now. That game was crazy hard without exploits.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 3, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Neat, there're already mods on the workshop before the game's even out.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Entorwellian posted:

Pre-loading!

Also glad to see that there is a difficulty slider for C&C 1 now. That game was crazy hard without exploits.

it's trivially easy because literally everything is scripted, in a lot of maps if you rush a few units as far as you can it will stop some of the regular timed attacks.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Spookydonut posted:

it's trivially easy because literally everything is scripted, in a lot of maps if you rush a few units as far as you can it will stop some of the regular timed attacks.

I just remember running out of tiberium and money really fast and, units being so expensive, you had to do a lot with so little. Red Alert was slightly more forgiving in that respect.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Mordja posted:

Which mods?

I misread Tiberian Sun as Tiberian Dawn, sue me. Looking forward to any campaign overhaul mods/alt histories for TD, tho!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

This might be a good time to mention the C&C story thread over in Sci-Fi Wi-Fi: Just what the gently caress was happening in Command and Conquer. It is an exceptional read.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
i found that just weathering some initial attacks and building a strong defensive force helped in the GDI missions, although it definitely takes some trial and error (or reading some hints).

still need to play nod though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A special message from Kane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VAMcOJuhBA

and a link to "secret" intel:

https://www.ea.com/games/command-an...s=1591296121439

the wallpaper download includes ANIMATED GDI AND NOD BRIEFING BACKGROUNDS FOR ZOOM CONFERENCES!!!