Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I hope those mods get ported over to remastered C&C, they sound amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Mordja posted:

Which mods?

I misread Tiberian Sun as Tiberian Dawn, sue me. Looking forward to any campaign overhaul mods/alt histories for TD, tho!

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

axeil posted:

GDI 8 is a mission I remember playing on the N64 and it being just brutally difficult. No building vehicles or buildings against a mid-tech NOD with the full compliment of everything is maddeningly hard to do. I think it would legitimately be impossible without the Repair Bay.

I'm not sure between this one and the Mobius one (where the civilians love walking in Tiberium and dying) which one is harder, they're both some of the hardest missions in the game.

GDI 8 - Restore GDI Presence Near Salzburg

versus

GDI 8 - Protect Mobius in Bratislava

I remember this mission being insanely hard too.

That RA mission was actually one of my favourite Soviet ones, however I'm 100% with you on how terrible those other two GDI missions are.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Seems like there's no reason at all to play on hard.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Some TS maps were made a hell of a lot easier if you knew exactly which bridges to repair with 1 of your 2 mission critical engineers.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Slavik posted:

Not as crazy as Mental Omega but it is a challenge. Worth checking out. I liked the aesthetics and the way they designed/laid out the existing bases into the maps with roads, concrete, lighting, detail etc. Though there are a lot of missions where you either don't do any base/unit building or you won't be until 15-30 minutes into a level, if you are into that.

Never heard of this, may well check it out

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

I remember there being massive hype around TS (omg voxels!!!!!) but kid me didn't care at all once it came out. The atmosphere and setting is probably my favourite, especially in the expansion when tiberium's fuckery with native ecosystems really goes into overdrive. At one point I think it's mentioned that intercontinental shipping is impossible because of tiberium goop in the oceans.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

I started Twisted Insurrection to scratch that TS itch, and it absolutely is both too slow and too fast. Infantry do good damage and are worth building, however, flame tanks and the wolverine-equivalent mechs will absolutely wreck their poo poo in seconds if you don't click fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

If it is meant as a petrochemical metaphor, it's cackhanded as hell.