Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I looked over the system requirements, which seem ridiculously high, but you have to have Windows 8 or 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

axeil posted:

I remember this mission being insanely hard too.

I used to beat that mission by landing paratroopers on the island to block and blow up the mcv before it could start building. Makes it a lot less painful. It always finished properly.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can fit five rocket guys to one square but only one tank so they are more space efficient. One big unfortunate drawback with that however. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Samopsa posted:

if you wanna see some fairly high-level multiplayer on C&C: RA Remastered, check this guy out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qjohix0kHo&t=467s
a semi-pro starcraft 2 player who is trying to get a high rank in the ladder.
Watching a tank drive over 15 infantry was so good.

If he ever unlocks the knowledge of what buildings and units are in the game and what they do he'll probably be unstoppable.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I loved that Renegade felt just like running around in first person C&C, too fancy graphics might ruin that feeling for me. But whatever. What I would like is the same but for Red Alert. Imagine shaking soviet bases apart with Tanya. Second game might be cool too. Maybe a serious and sophisticated mission where you ride around on a dolphin fighting a giant squid boss dodging the occasional dreadnought rocket.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I liked some "proper" tanks instead of the walkers. The wolverine in TS made me rage. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just realized that the silo mechanic is actually a brilliant design decision to make players spend their resources instead of uselessly hoarding them. Probably accidentally because it was added long before rts multiplayer was a thing. Losing the game while sitting on 10-15k credits, gee I wonder why that wasn't a win.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'd want them to put some actual color into TS so it's not all brown, gray and more brown. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

nexus6 posted:

I've had a weird issue where if I go to my mods list it will appear blank, then after a few seconds it will list them.
I would guess that is the game checking the mods folder to see what is there.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Then it's a good thing they definitely released a patch so you don't need to validate the cd key anymore, right? :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Check out the Red Alert Red mod Dust trailer if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFGnljDDC4s

Playing through the campaigns as the opposite faction. Missions are obviously going to be modified but it looks pretty cool.