Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

It's probably asking too much but I would have preferred they made the sprites with a higher quality render and lighting and paint on more micro details so they don't look so "weird" at high res, Starcraft remaster had a similar effect and games like factorio have sprites that look good even at high res.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Fallom posted:

RA2 is practically a national treasure so I think it'd be foolish of them not to. I'd be surprised if they haven't already put some effort into scoping the work. Officially, all they've said is they won't rule it out.

I only just found out that RA2 (and I guess Tib sun) has a simple physics system that never really effects the game but you can flip over tanks by doing very very specific things and it will kill them.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Someone explain how he looks the same as he did 25 years ago :tinfoil:.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

3rd super secret cutscene of Kane signing over the deed of the temple to someone else then retiring on a beach somewhere sipping a tiberium cocktail.

Retired kane is a great idea, maybe he could do shakespeare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybLTTRuLGA
Also he finally has hair

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

Just theorycrafting, but infantry seem like they are probably undervalued in red alert multiplayer. I'll mess with multiplayer later to verify.

You can amass a whole bunch of infantry units while building your refinery/war factory/ore trucks.

Infantry come from a second build queue from vehicles. You can build them simultaneously and burn through your money without having to build extra war factories. Making a second war factory is expensive and has power requirements that might be better invested in infantry.

APC is the fastest land unit in the game and can pack 5 rocket soldiers who each do a little more dps than a medium tank. There's probably a bunch of shenanigans you could do to harass the enemy buildings/ore trucks or use mobility to put the rocket soldiers in hard to squish areas.

IDK if it's possible to micro to use your own vehicles to stop the enemy from squishing your infantry.

It came out before barracks rush was a known RTS go-to tactic so I guess they didn't balance for it. The apc being so easy to get out and so fast is probably what makes it strong since you can't just stop them with a flame turret, I think later rts make it harder to build fast transports or didn't have them.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

Or read my LP

Oh boy if you think TS/RA2 are different have I got news for you.

TS has some really nasty script triggers I remember? Like spawning units that would wipe you if you didn't happen to have enough units to stop them or making the AI rush you with everything. It's weird that the blizzard rts' were a lot more fair in this regard.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I've noticed that some of the old soundtrack that was only ok is quite a lot better when you aren't listening to it on tiny 90s desktop speakers and have a bunch of bass and power.
This one in particular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQQTeFwPwc
Although the youtube isn't as good as a high quality one I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

TS also had my favorite unit, robot that just flies off into the fog of war and blows up one random enemy.