Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
CnC TS also has a pretty hefty mod community.

Twisted Insurrection (Basically a "What if Kane actually won the campaign?" bad future.) has a campaign, all sorts of new stuff, along with new music by Frank Klepacki. Apparently they managed to get him to come back to CnC and produce more music specifically for that mod. In fact, unlike every other mod it has multiple soundtracks of original music produced for the mod.

Pretty sure it might be standalone now too. So you don't need to own the original game.

Kinda not sure how these games will hold up given the modders efforts over the years.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mordja posted:

Yeah it is, so is Dawn of the Tiberium Age, which I'm playing coop missions with my brother. It's a sort of (optionally) "expanded" remake of the first two games in the TS engine.

Pretty sure sure Dawn is included in TI too funnily enough.

It's got all these different era settings and is honestly nuts. You can even play the old CnC in updated graphics in the even more post-apoc (thanks to Kane being able to use the liquid tiberium nuke the planet is more hosed up than it is in the last official CnC game, to the point where there's an estimation of only a few years left for life on earth) TS TI era setting. We're talking, all the units and everything else.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 11, 2020

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Where can you even get Zero Hour and Generals nowadays? Been wanting to retry them for awhile.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

drunkill posted:

Map editors for both games, which might mean custom campaigns/missions too.

No full modding at launch, but possibly in the future, this says to me "no modding until we decide to make and release RA2 and Tib Sun so the community don't beat us to them"

Uh, I hate to tell you this but...

:v: