Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/WHCa2SZ.mp4

Uh... okay? First time I've seen three vehicles on the SD at once. RA95 would frequently let two sit there (only one at a time would be repaired however), but this is another level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Spookydonut posted:

There's an annoying thing in the TD remaster where if a lot of vehicles are trying to get through a choke point created by neutral buildings, they'll attack those buildings, even if they are something like a flame tank that will do splash damage to your own units.

They even attack trees, as I found out the hard way when all my infantry got torched by an impatient Flame Tank while attempting to cross a nearby bridge.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

"There, all the leaves are gone, now I can go around this tree and cross the bridge." -- Flame Tank

Needless to say it prompted a restart. Dumb no-base mission and all that.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have been messing around with mods now that I have beaten both TD and RA but the best mod by far is everyone shooting obelisk lasers.

It turns Rocket Soldiers, Recon Bikes and Mammoth Tanks into impossibly long-ranged monsters.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Do NOT attack or capture the Naval Yard under any circumstances while the enemy MiG exists else you'll activate it and have 30 minutes of misery in your hands. Leaving the Naval Yard alone (for now) ensures that the MiG will stay put until you invade the island housing it. By all means destroy/capture everything else in the small West base first then clear the waters with some Submarines and concentrate on pushing toward the South base for more resources. Capturing the Airfield is recommended, but also a bit of a bastard, since the MiG can and will bomb anything right next to it without a care in the world (which is an outcome I've received more than once -- it nukes my tanks and the Airfield disintegrates in the process, then the MiG fucks off outside the map for good leaving me with a stack of useless Engineers).

I don't know if advancing too far South does anything to activate the endless nuclear strikes, because all this stuff is something I (somehow) worked out back when I was 11 or 12 and had all the patience in the world. I've never looked at this map in RAED or any other map editor so I might be missing a few things, but generally speaking the Naval Yard is a no-go; just leave it alone until the MiG is yours/doesn't exist :v:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mordja posted:

Global Conflagration, an RTS I've been keeping an eye on that's obviously C&C-influenced is doing an open playtest imma check out. Very Generals with a few mechanics lifted from COH it seems.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/908770

Developer: Midwood

:discourse:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Motherfucker!

Edit:

By all means take and use these as you see fit.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 5, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Am I the only one who likes futzing around with lovely Tech Level 1 skirmishes?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What the gently caress is "EA Play" and why would I subscribe to it to play a 1995 game made freeware in 2007?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Twerk from Home posted:

Are the freeware copies still up? I grabbed Tib Sun when it went freeware but I think it's gone now.

CnC Net still has all three freeware games up:
C&C: Tiberian Dawn
C&C: Red Alert
C&C: Tiberian Sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

PlushCow posted:

Steam isnt showing the games available for purchase individually for me, everything i do it goes straight to the bundle.

:same:

They must have fixed ruined things in the last eight hours.