Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Thanks for making a thread, I was gonna do it but I thought I'd look first.

Very very excited for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Spookydonut posted:

Are they keeping the original 'ai' scripting for the campaigns or what?

Pretty sure they've translated all the original source into their new custom built engine that they will use to remaster all the games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fallom posted:

Officially, all they've said is they won't rule it out.

They said something vague like C&CR is the first part of our celevration of the anniversary.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bald ppl don't age like the rest of us.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sininu posted:

Not when they invulnerable from Iron Curtain.

WE WILL BURY THEM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tezzeract posted:

Loving the remake so far - I was more of a Tiberian Sun/Red Alert 2 guy, but this owns.

Same all around. Loving it. Awaiting patches and cool mods. Hope it does well because I am loving desperate for TibSun/RA2

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Several questions:

- Can I do 2v2 quickmatch in RA with a friend?

- How do I invite friends to my lobbies, I see no buttons for it?

- Anyone else having weird inconsistent Edge-of-Screen cursor movement? Top and left edges move fine when I drag the cursor on them, but bottom and right...don't?

- Is there a hotkey for multiple unit waypoints? Like a way to tell them Move to A, then move to B? Seems like this would be a way to work around ancient pathfinding.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

True to form considering as GDI you're fighting a terrorist group and all.

And yet, it makes you think...

Sheen Sheen posted:

Man, the GDI campaign really doesn’t want you to be able to build tanks, huh

Super annoying that you can’t build tanks until more than halfway through the campaign but Nod can squish your soldiers with reckless abandon using light tanks by Mission 4

try hitting X to 'scatter', dunno how well it'll work

Katamari Democracy posted:

Im a mechanical man

"Fo' on the flo'. H O T W I R E"

The Question IRL posted:

Well if the video of them looking for the original FMV master tapes is anything to go by, they have what looks like the Master Tapes for the RA 2 FMV's* so at least they wouldn't have to spend crazy money upscalling lovely copies of the FMV's.

* = Also going by that video they had masters for Dune 2000.
So they could throw that in with the Tib Sun/ RA 2 remaster.

As much as I would absolutely love Dune 2000 thrown in the odds of it happening are slim to none even with the film coming out soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOemQuy2JUc&t=903s

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Alkydere posted:

I was having the same scroll issue and it's related to alt-tabbing the game in fullscreen mode while it's still loading or in menus. You're gonna have to restart it and not alt-tab it until you're in a mission.

Or set it to borderless windowed mode. For some reason it took me a couple of tries to make it stick but once it did a lot of my problems just evaporated.

THANK YOU! You rule.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Plek posted:

2: Invite button is at the top above the team setup.

gently caress me sideways. Thanks. It's so innocuous that neither myself or my friends saw it over the course of an entire evening. :argh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It would be cool if Hard mode instead just made enemy units dirt cheap so they could swarm you instead of facing antifa supersoldiers. At least that's what I'd rather face, lol.

antifa supersoldiers is pressing the x key repeatedly as a tank tries to drive through a crowd

Pararoid posted:

I'm really surprised this is getting a positive reaction; the game chugging on Allies mission 1 on my RTX 2070 was easily enough for me to refund, let alone the half-assed upgrades that seem to both remove the classic feel while also addressing none of the actual issuee; mainly the utterly dreadful AI.

Another in the Warcraft 3: Reforged pile for me, unfortunately.

:thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZQZgeSMx8

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Katamari Democracy posted:

Something has been in my mind and I am wondering if I ever dreamed this or something. But I remember there being a very strange map in RA where rules are changed. V2 rockets now fire nukes, Mammoth Tanks also belch fire, etc. Units did very strange things and their prices were changed accordingly. I remember if you wanted to play it like this you have to play in a certain map. Mind you this was on the DOS / 95 version. Or maybe it was the PS1 version?

I dunno but Im having a hard time remembering what the map was called or if you can still play it in the Remake. Cause I remember it being brokenly funny. Any of you guys remember this?

E- found it. It was on PS1. Map 41 and 51. Now im gonna check and see if its in the final game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDMNlpiunBY

There was another map on PS1 Retaliation my friend and I used to play on link cable that had tesla-civilians and nuke-civilians, and the best way to get civies was to build advanced power plants and then sell them, which would leave 2 or 3 civvies behind. It was incredibly dope.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It makes thing extra spicy when your harvester thinks the shortest path to resources is through an enemy base :negative:

Of course the same holds true for the AI :getin:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The Kins posted:

News from EA: A new update will be out next week that adds beacon pinging and loading screen info to multiplayer. It will likely be the last patch for C&C Remastered. Also, the source code for the map editor has been released to help modders take things even further.

Incidentally, next week will be the 25th anniversary of Tiberian Dawn, with celebrations of some kind planned. Not sure I'd expect a new game or remaster announcement with how much the world has slowed down, but C&C Remastered was announced basically the moment it was greenlit, so who knows?

NGod willing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Spookydonut posted:

Don't forget Dune2000 which while it wasn't done directly by westwood it still had frank doing the music and used the game engine, it came out before TS so didn't have isometric view.

Dune games are legend, and Dune 2000 was such a love letter to the origins of the genre. Too bad it'll never get a rerelease.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I literally had no idea TibSun was even on OpenRA. I feel out of touch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mordja posted:

It isn't officially, and various mechanics still don't work or are WIP, as far as I know. This mod's the closest you'll get at the moment, and there's also a similar one based on RA2 that's even less along.

That's exciting though because it suggests the direction Petroglyph and Lemonsky will go next

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mordja posted:

It does? OpenRA development's largely unrelated to the remasters, though the first one's success makes a C&C "gen 2" treatment almost a given, I'd think. Kins said there's some sort of event this coming week so hopefully we'll see then.

I think OpenRA presaged interest for the remaster and are independent of it, but they were some of the first consulted within the community and I think the remaster was initially even announced through those channels. If they are working on the isometric gen 2 titles the that spells good news for the momentum of the scene on the whole and the community interest going forward. No way Petroglyph/EA are unware of it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mordja posted:

Tbh tho I think they've been working on those since before the Remaster was even announced. :v:

Wouldn't surprise me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

man, i'd love them to be doing more remasters. it seems like the natural progression, but who knows. been a lot of radio silence lately.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sininu posted:

We know they are working on RA2 for sure. They even had a poll on facebook of all places asking if people wanted to see a remaster (Like remastered collection) or a remake (new, possibly 3d engine, reworked gameplay). Remake won, which makes me very nervous. Nothing beyond that though...

god that makes me hyped

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

A good, modern remaster of a Dune RTS would be really nice.

Never gonna happen. Some dude did an internet sleuthing vid a while back and found that the Herbert estate is supremely not interested :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mordja posted:

The big TS anniversary stream (which mostly seems to be a showcase for TS-related mods more than anything) has started over here it that's your thing.

dope, thanks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

So are we getting an official RA2 remake or are they just going to let fans cobble poo poo together?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mordja posted:

I think they sold around a million a few weeks after launch which, for how cheap it would have been to make, was definitely a good ROI. I remember they were talking it up as a success not long after it came out, too.

Turns out when EA just supports their devs rather than kneecapping them for short-term financial gain good things can happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Red Alert 2 remake when? Pinnacle of the series.

let's go

Entorwellian posted:

Petroglyph is currently working on [Unlisted RTS] for EA right after C&C Remastered was released, and it was also noted recently that C&C 1: Remastered was the "first" of the remasters. You can probably take a guess as to what's coming next.

loving hell yeah

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I'd very much love a TibSun + RA2 remaster. I've hesitate on revisiting them cause I remember some clunkyness with getting them going nicely on modern PC or issues with UI scaling or something.

RA2/Yuri's having the various sub-factions with their own unique units was really fun too, even if not the most balanced in multiplayer.

Yuri's Revenge kind of broke me tho, things got a bit too meta. Just give me vanilla RA2 remake and I'll be happy