Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://x.com/OnlyAWorldAway/status/1779931047896985749

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's fuckin wild that the way this was widely reported was "JK Rowling won't forgive Radcliffe and Watson" instead of say "JK Rowling makes unhinged transphobic tweet and accuses HP actors of harming children"

For one thing the implication from article titles makes it seem like this was a question posed to Rowling and that she didn't just reply to some rando's tweet with some insane rant, but also to my knowledge there's no indication that either actor has issued any kind of apology or ever would or would even accept her forgiveness unless it was attached to some serious self-reflection

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Imagine being too annoying for Elon Musk

https://x.com/parismarx/status/1786844022109065454

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Lineham curse is manifesting upon her.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Samovar posted:

The Lineham curse is manifesting upon her.

Good.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Holy gently caress, Musk finally made a funny post.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Holy gently caress, Musk finally made a funny post.

god drat

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Reminds me of how H.P. Lovecraft was so racist that even his racist friends were like, "drat, dude, dial it back a bit."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Reminds me of how H.P. Lovecraft was so racist that even his racist friends were like, "drat, dude, dial it back a bit."

His wife had to remind him a lot about how she was jewish. Also, one of the last things he ever wrote was ablut great Hitler was.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I thought his later letters to friends were more like "wow what the gently caress was I talking about, I probably should have touched grass earlier"

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm not an expert but I read Robert Howald talked Lovecraft out of supporting the Nazis.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm not an expert but I read Robert Howald talked Lovecraft out of supporting the Nazis.

Too bad Howard was also super racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Okay, doing a little digging it looks like Lovecraft remained super racist but in an extremely weird way:

HP Lovecraft, in a letter to Natalie H. Wooley posted:

With the high-grade alien races we can adopt a policy of flexible common-sense—discouraging mixture whenever we can, but not clamping down the bars so ruthlessly against every individual of slightly mixed ancestry. As a matter of fact, most of the psychological race-differences which strike us so prominently are cultural rather than biological. If one could take a Japanese infant, alter his features to the Anglo-Saxon type through plastic surgery, & place him with an American family in Boston for rearing—without stemming him that he is not an American—the chances are that in 20 years the result would be a typical American youth with very few instincts to distinguish him from his pure Nordic college-mates. The same is true of other superior alien races including the Jew—although the Nazis persist in acting on a false biological conception.

note the "superior alien races" by which he basically means "not black"