Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Can I be a bearded NPC? Not any particular one, but I think a beard is necessary, no matter who or what I may portray, even or actually especially if a beard makes no sense.
Beards tell the best stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Goons Are Great posted:

Can I be a bearded NPC? Not any particular one, but I think a beard is necessary, no matter who or what I may portray, even or actually especially if a beard makes no sense.

Let's be honest.

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

Dibs on being an NPC pls

:same:

mostly because I can't promise committing time being busy with work lately without knowing how much time will be needed to not screw this up, but I would love to still be slightly involved as that would make me happy :)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Twenty Four posted:

mostly because I can't promise committing time being busy with work lately without knowing how much time will be needed to not screw this up, but I would love to still be slightly involved as that would make me happy :)

Done!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Bump and a sticky! Friday or Saturday or maybe Sunday or even perhaps Monday depending! I will advance this Goon Project to the next level...

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 9, 2020

Stoner Sloth

still trying to figure out my character but I will get a move on!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

still trying to figure out my character but I will get a move on!

Take your time!

There is no rush

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Take your time!

There is no rush

Bump and a sticky! Friday or Saturday or maybe Sunday or even perhaps Monday depending! I will advance this Goon Project to the next level...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Fort Wunny:

Stoner Sloth

Take your time!

There is no rush

thanks friend, i've got a few ideas I"m sorta mucking around with - am sure I'll come up with something!

lol currently playing a space/time wizard that is a sentient three toed sloth with a cowboy outfit and a shotgun in a GBS-based rpg

also have a two headed troll who is a mad doctor obsessed with adding additional body parts he steals to build himself into a monster/dire troll in a discord game that is on hiatus

and had a giant (4 metric ton) half duergar fighter/weaponsmith with an Aussie accent (Underdark = down under) but he died and due to odd circumstances became a small homunculus that is now a familiar/translator to my sloth character.

so i'm sure I can figure out something fun and hopefully interesting!

e: also cool pic

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I made it look more like a hand drawn campaign asset

that filter is fun.

sig by owlhawk911

biosterous

gonna armadillo-roll down those stairs for Science reasons :buddy:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

am i late?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Nope!

take the moon

by sebmojo

as of this post i have no heckin clue what day it is lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

take the moon posted:

as of this post i have no heckin clue what day it is lol

Thursday.

For now.

pixaal

Tomorrow is Good Friday, Sunday is Easter, does this help you calibrate your temporal alignment?

sig by owlhawk911

take the moon

by sebmojo
somewhat.....

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay these dice were generous so i didn't reroll my lowest
Strength: 17
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom:13
Dexterity: 14
Agility:13
Constitution: 18
Presence: 12

gonna drink my coffee and consider the numbahs and what i should be

e: class = fighthaver

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 11, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

Excellent.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Our Party consists of:

pixaal posted:

Strength: 15
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 17
Dexterity: 17
Agility: 13
Constitution: 17
Presence: 13

well I got a lot of 17s and 13 I like having weaknesses in my characters so I kind of hedged into a jack of all trades outlook. Like my card is pretty solid 17 17 17 15 13 13 13. I think I'm good for whatever gets thrown at us. If phase 2 is assigning them then I guess I'll re-evaluate with that info but this seems pretty solid to do anything but run away or win a trivia competition.

Stoner Sloth posted:

okay good, we get to skip the phase of everyone laughing at my technological suckitude! I'll write the full results in just for fun.

STR: 18 (6 6 3 6 5)

INT: 17 (3 6 5 6 4)

WIS: 15 (2 6 3 4 5)

DEX: 15 (4 6 1 4 5)

AGL: 15 (3 6 6 2 3)

CON: 12 (6 4 2 2 1) ---> reroll the 12: 18 (6 6 1 6 5)

PRE: 15 (5 2 3 4 6)

Starting to look like a (very lucky) fighter type and who am I to argue with a RNG?

Might just leave as is to make a tactically savvy warrior or could swap out INT and DEX to make a bit dumber but gooder at hitting things, not sure yet.

e: Or go something completely different, those rolls might make a good weed druid or something... gonna have a smoke and think about this.

nut posted:

gotchu bby

rolled 11, 13, 18 (as four 2s), 14, 12, 11, 15 (re-rolled a 10) and assigned as following:

Strength = 11

Intelligence = 13

Wisdom = 12

Dexterity = 14

Agility = 15

Constitution = 11

Presence = 18

biosterous posted:

numbers numbers numbers!

Strength: 14

Intelligence: 17

Wisdom: 10

Agility: 15

Constitution: 16

high intelligence and low wisdom is fun because you get to be a mad scientist

high con because i am tough from blowing myself up with my Good Ideas

take the moon posted:

def wanna play:

strength: 12
presence: 14
wisdom: 16
intelligence: 15
agility: 12
dexterity: 14
constitution: 12

can i be like a baby floppy eared sage guy from final fantasy tactics advance

edit to swap a stat around

magic cactus posted:

I'll play if there is still room, if not just make me a cursed item or something.

STR:12

PRE:12

WIS:16

INT:17

AG:12

DEX:15

CON:15

make me something ultra-useless like a loremaster lmao

Heather Papps posted:

Guest stars:

alnilam posted:

Dibs on being an NPC pls

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Yes i would love to contribute around the edges as well if there is space for it

Goons Are Great posted:

Twenty Four posted:

nut

what kinda level of char detail should we have by starting? like full char sheet or

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

what kinda level of char detail should we have by starting? like full char sheet or

Too much work. I'm going to use a D20 system I've been using since way before that was even a term. It's system a friend of mine and his buds came up with around 45 years ago that I started using around 30 years ago that bases most rolls (combat, skill checks, saving throws) off a 20 sided die roll, with DM bonuses awarded for creativity and opportunity positioning, for example.

A blank sheet of paper for a character sheet will be fine.

Everyone use a 5th level character as a guide using the D20 system in use today, with regards to skills and that sort of thing.

I found this website that helps out nicely with character generation

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/character-creation/

I'm easy. Post what you want your character to be, look like, and have equipped- be reasonable with your requests and you'll almost certainly get the items you want.

Be creative, maybe your character at 5th level DOES have a vorpal weapon, i'll RNG it to see if you do. If I roll a 1 though, Alnilam or one of our other guests may very well be swinging your sword for you, and that could be bad for the rest of the party!

I'll be going into more detail about rolling and saving throws and such when we get to the next phase, which may be tomorrow or Monday.

Heather Papps

hello friend

where is fort wunny located?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
It's an old fortress outside of Marshport, in the Swamp of Shame, in the Eastern Kingdom.

It's part of a world I made up many years ago that I still use today.
Marhport is all the way to the East on the map. Yes that IS Minas Tirith to the West, in the North. It took a lot of magic and a poo poo ton of lucky rolls to make that happen, I ran a campaign where Sauron got the Ring, and Gandalf the White took a last stand with Aragorn and his children (played by friends) who came up with the idea of transporting the entirety of 3rd Age Minas Tirith (along with 10,000 First Age Elves from Gondolin just before the Fall (they were going to die anyway, right?) and now my world has Minas Tirith, with a contingent of First Age warrior Elves, and of course the Avatar of War because Phillipe, a literal living Wand of Wonder, "found" a walkie-talkie that communicates with the Creator of the Universe.

The Creator found Phillipe, who is a Halfling- to be amusing and funny (and Ron, the guy behind Phillipe) rolls ridiculous, so 20-20-20/99% I think were the rolls) got him a walkie-talkie that communicates with the Creator. Who then sent the Avatar of War to help out the world after a major demonic invasion, because they needed all the help they could get. The Avatar of War dwells there, so Minas Tirith is... you guessed it! Mars Red... yeah, weed and D&D is fun!)

Stoner Sloth

okay, think i've got the start of a concept going - going to change it up a bit especially since HP is going a fight haver type

thinking a sort of fighter/rogue thri-kreen kinda insect dude? was going to specialize in throwing darts/knives as well as filling up a handy utility/stealth role

was thinking change stats to:

str - 17
int- 15
wis- 15
dex - 18
agl - 18
con - 15
pre- 15

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

okay, think i've got the start of a concept going - going to change it up a bit especially since HP is going a fight haver type

thinking a sort of fighter/rogue thri-kreen kinda insect dude? was going to specialize in throwing darts/knives as well as filling up a handy utility/stealth role

was thinking change stats to:

str - 17
int- 15
wis- 15
dex - 18
agl - 18
con - 15
pre- 15

Add a Cloak of Invisibility, Backpack of Holding, +2 Boots of Elvenkind and a +2 Ring of Regeneration to your starting inventory.

Consider your character 4th level Rogue and 2nd Level Fighter (6th level) for hit points, etc. unless you want to swap those numbers, or go for straight Rogue.

biosterous

genius idiot armadillo man. know lots of things and has lots of ideas but thinks all of them are good (most of them are not good!). is an armadillo but i'm picturing him standing the way a pangolin stands:
probably some manner of wizard, but reskinned as doing Science with my Good Ideas instead of casting spells.

items: explosion-proof glasses, a labcoat that works like cartoon character clothes (ie if i get blown up (when i get blown up) it will be scorched and tattered but then it's back to normal in the next scene). the labcoat is my reagent/alchemy ingredient bag i guess? and maybe an amulet of barkskin or something, but re-skinned as my tough armadillo scales.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

genius idiot armadillo man. know lots of things and has lots of ideas but thinks all of them are good (most of them are not good!). is an armadillo but i'm picturing him standing the way a pangolin stands:
probably some manner of wizard, but reskinned as doing Science with my Good Ideas instead of casting spells.

items: explosion-proof glasses, a labcoat that works like cartoon character clothes (ie if i get blown up (when i get blown up) it will be scorched and tattered but then it's back to normal in the next scene). the labcoat is my reagent/alchemy ingredient bag i guess? and maybe an amulet of barkskin or something, but re-skinned as my tough armadillo scales.

You are a 5th Level Mad Artificer. You can make things on the run. Your imagination is your spell book, a 20-sided die your laboratory. You have to roll a 12 or higher on a D20 to do most things, with bonuses awarded to that roll depending on the situation and your initiative rolls, etc.

You have 55 hit points, and an AC of -3. This is more for my notes, don't worry too much about it. You're going to blow up. A LOT.

You look like a pangolin, you are in fact a Draconid/Halfling hybrid, with 2 arms, 2 legs, and an armadillo back.

Labcoat of Lycanthropic Regeneration with 2 Pockets of Holding (4 cubic feet of storage space each)

+5 Glasses of Protection

Amulet of Draconid Skin

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
And yes, if you haven't figured it out yet, I DO in fact Monty Haul my campaigns, because life is hard enough; why the gently caress should a fantasy game be even harder?

"Kill poo poo, get paid!"

-Monster Hunters, International

Stoner Sloth

Add a Cloak of Invisibility, Backpack of Holding, +2 Boots of Elvenkind and a +2 Ring of Regeneration to your starting inventory.

Consider your character 4th level Rogue and 2nd Level Fighter (6th level) for hit points, etc. unless you want to swap those numbers, or go for straight Rogue.

playing around with builds

if possible was going to base the insect dude on platymeris laevicolis, the red eyed (or red spotted) assassin bug

or maybe psytalla horrida, the horrid king assassin bug

or some combination of the two looks but definitely an assassin bug - leaning towards something more like the red eyed for full venom craziness but like the look of the horrid king.

was also wondering about the possibility of a magic item that increased the effectiveness/ability of his venom darts (thri-kreen literally make their weapons out of solidified venom and sand) to effect things like damage/poison resistant opponents? not sure if that's even necessary though, i'm not terribly familiar with 5e and what is immune to poison and/or sneak attacks

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

playing around with builds

if possible was going to base the insect dude on platymeris laevicolis, the red eyed (or red spotted) assassin bug

or maybe psytalla horrida, the horrid king assassin bug

or some combination of the two looks but definitely an assassin bug - leaning towards something more like the red eyed for full venom craziness but like the look of the horrid king.

was also wondering about the possibility of a magic item that increased the effectiveness/ability of his venom darts (thri-kreen literally make their weapons out of solidified venom and sand) to effect things like damage/poison resistant opponents? not sure if that's even necessary though, i'm not terribly familiar with 5e and what is immune to poison and/or sneak attacks

Alright.

Instead of a magic item, you have a natural ability to produce a secretion to coat your darts with, 6 per day from your saliva. It wears off in 24 hours, so you need to reapply each day.

Opponent must save vs. poison or be stunned for one round.

pixaal

pixaal posted:

Strength: 15
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 17
Dexterity: 17
Agility: 13
Constitution: 17

Oh we are doing classes? Rangers use wis and make use of either bow or dual wield for my other stats. Can I get a giant spider companion? At least like small dog sized but large enough for a rider could open up some escape options for the party.

Big spider pet works for both a serious combat focus and slapstick bar fight style, I always hedge my bets with a new group.

sig by owlhawk911

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

Oh we are doing classes? Rangers use wis and make use of either bow or dual wield for my other stats. Can I get a giant spider companion? At least like small dog sized but large enough for a rider could open up some escape options for the party.

Big spider pet works for both a serious combat focus and slapstick bar fight style, I always hedge my pets with a new group.

Of course! Roll a 20 please, for reasons

pixaal

oh no

edit: for posterity if the image goes down I got a 2. also used timg don't need a fullsize of that

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 11, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
And a re-roll, please

pixaal

10, well not the worst roll

I wonder if I have enough stuff to keep up this gimmick. (it was rolled on the table then moved to the box for the picture)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

10, well not the worst roll

I wonder if I have enough stuff to keep up this gimmick.

The good thing is, all 1's, 10's and 20's warrant a reroll- so you get to re-roll that 10!

(it was a good time for a 10 or a 20)

pixaal

17. I take it the 2 burned my luck roll or something.

So no critical failure of critical success for the 1s and 20s?

edit: If my gimmick is dumb let me know and I'll just use the same random dice as everyone else. I'm not sure if it's funny or dumb myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

17. I take it the 2 burned my luck roll or something.

So no critical failure of critical success for the 1s and 20s?

edit: If my gimmick is dumb let me know and I'll just use the same random dice as everyone else. I'm not sure if it's funny or dumb myself.

The 2 was a sort of situation roll, ie: were there any spiders around when you wanted one?

The answer was apparently "no".

But your request for a spider was heard, so one showed up anyway; of its own volition.

She's a large black tarantula, with lots of hairs all over her body. Just the perfect color to hide in the shadows of a dungeon...

She will add 1 point to your initiative roll, among other things perhaps- because she will warn you of danger.