Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

PeterCat posted:

How is it Trump is the greatest threat to our Democracy, a fascist dictator who is a combination of Hitler and Mussolini, but isn't going to be prosecuted?

Because Biden sucks.

He said an independent prosecutor might be on the table, but announcing anything that sounds like the intention to nail the guy that effectively just less than 50% of the American public voted for and you'd really rather not piss off before you take office, before you take office, does not sound, politically speaking, wise.

I know y'all are the military, but consider the messaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

PeterCat posted:

You honestly think that the people who voted for Trump are not pissed off at Biden right now? Have you been paying attention at all?

Some of them, yeah. The rest are easily bamboozled fools that thought they could one day be rich and important. Biden's been on the record as genuinely believing America's division can be healed, even a little. I don't want to argue with fools, but the lesson of the 1990s was that progress leaves people who feel they got left behind, but they don't go away.

I expect the Biden camp is just hoping someone doesn't have plans to blow up another federal building. Or that they don't decide to burn Congress like what's happening in Guatemala today. Revenge is a bad political platform.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Apathetic Medic posted:

So you don't think we should have accountability for American politicians?

DJT is not nor has he ever cared to be a politician. Politicians at least care about getting elected and re-elected. It's only important to him now because he doesn't like to lose, not that he ever cared what any of his voters thought.

I'd be happy if he has to give up all his American holdings and live truly destitute. For him, it'd be worse than prison. But wanting it doesn't make it happen, and I expect he'll have a stroke on a golf course before long.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Apathetic Medic posted:

So basically, we shouldn't hold people who threaten everything we stand for accountable because: they threaten us and could hurt us if we punish them!

Or basically, there are far more pressing matters, one in particular encompassing life and death, that matter more in the short term. And even if the feds don't get around to fiery wrath right away, New York County is ready.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Apathetic Medic posted:

poo poo I forgot we Americans can't handle doing more than one thing at a time.

Most of us "we Americans" are not professional law enforcement, and understand that participating in a representative democracy means ceding control over civil society to people we elect.

I say most of us, because only slightly fewer than half voted for Trump, and a number of those really, really wish he was dictator for life.