Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
nothing about dabo swinney makes any sense at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

if you do like Ducktales, I would recommend Don Rosa's graphic novel The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck and some of hi and Carl Banks' other work that led to DuckTales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_and_Times_of_Scrooge_McDuck

you can get a digital copy so no need to worry about the rona

Please preserve/restore your sanity by following this goon’s advice and check out The Life and Times of Scrooge. It’s truly fantastic.

And since we’re also talking a bit about the NES game, you might enjoy this thing I did years ago about a prototype of the game.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 8, 2020

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fart Amplifier posted:

I don't understand how everything is always so much stupider. It's so loving infuriating. Can we not for like one loving second just be like "Okay let's focus on the pandemic" and not trying to figure out how to sequester athletes for sports?

Because the guy in office pulling the strings is a loving toddler obsessed with himself

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

If I'm remembering correctly, the "up to" is better than it sounds because it just refers to the bonus tapering down to zero after a $200k salary.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Good to see that we have Springtime for Trump, the thread.

I have to say fellow goons, i'm frustrated as hell. Everything is hosed and no amount of Witcher books, games, and shows will cover up how pissed i am.

But DuckTales is good.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
It is unfortunate that we live in a time with neither race cars nor aeroplanes. Life truly is like a hurricane. If only we could rewrite history.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Haha with bernie not winning the nomination there's literally nothing positive to look forward to politically in this life on this planet for at least another decade or maybe ever since climate change is coming and it's all thanks to liberal idiot american suburbanites hahahahahahah

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Apr 8, 2020

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Haha with bernie not winning the nomination there's literally nothing positive to look forward to politically in this life on this planet for at least another decade or maybe ever since climate change is coming and it's all thanks to liberal idiot american suburbanites hahahahahahah

Don't worry about it, as the CO2 levels increase, your cognitive abilities will decrease. You'll go out smiling and happy, Flowers for Algernon style.

Actually more like Stephen Kings "The End of the Whole Mess", but who's splitting hairs?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Jfc people. Get a grip. Open a window.

Tailspin has a great theme song, listen to that and calm your sweaty selves down.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

bird cooch posted:

Tailspin has a great theme song, listen to that and calm your sweaty selves down.

Look, sometimes, some crimes go slipping through the cracks.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

bird cooch posted:

Allow me to continue hurtling off topic and ask what the hell is the genre of South American music that uses that two-tone whistle that the extended theme features. And what is that whistle called.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Data Graham posted:

Allow me to continue hurtling off topic and ask what the hell is the genre of South American music that uses that two-tone whistle that the extended theme features. And what is that whistle called.

It's a modern version of Samba and the whistle is called an Apito.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/joe-biden-details-call-with-trump-about-coronavirus/

quote:

Speaking to CNN Tuesday evening, the former Vice President said the two “had a good conversation.”

“I laid out what I thought he should be doing. I laid out four or five specific points that I thought were necessary. I indicated that it is about taking responsibility, and being the commander in chief, taking on the responsibility,” Biden told “Prime Time” host Chris Cuomo.

“He was very gracious in his conversation. So it was — the President — I had an opportunity to tell him what I would have done, what I thought, the lessons we learned.”

quote:

“[Trump] asked whether or not we would not discuss the detail of what we talked about, just saying that we had a good conversation,” the Democratic frontrunner said.

After their call on Monday, Trump praised the conversation to reporters.

“We had a really wonderful, warm conversation. It was a very nice conversation,. We talked about pretty much this — this is what we talked about. This is what everyone’s talking about.”

The president said they spoke for about 15 minutes. “He gave me his point of view and I fully understood that. And we just had a very friendly conversation.”

The 2020 election year blows.

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 8, 2020

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

He’s CFB Forrest Gump. Book version where he goes to the moon and poo poo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's a modern version of Samba and the whistle is called an Apito.

Ahh apito, thank you, I had a feeling it was samba based on what I remembered from my Casio keyboards. :v:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Duck Tales chat: a friend of mine is big into Joe Rogan and guns and manly-man survivalism, and sometimes when he's not accusing me of being a communist he'll tell me that I need to watch Duck Tales, it's such a good show. And that's all I can think of now when I see it mentioned.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
And just before they start handing out sixers, let me add that it blew my mind that the theme song lyrics "All the trouble we get in with another tale to spin!" and not "... with another tailspin!"

Orange man bad, other sundowning man bad but not as but still pretty loving bad, etc

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Ratspeaker posted:

Duck Tales chat: a friend of mine is big into Joe Rogan and guns and manly-man survivalism, and sometimes when he's not accusing me of being a communist he'll tell me that I need to watch Duck Tales, it's such a good show. And that's all I can think of now when I see it mentioned.

terrible people can like good things; as an example it's much less sexist than the original

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ratspeaker posted:

Your friend has awful taste in YouTubey podcast men and abysmal political views as well, but he's right about DuckTales.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

In last thread someone was asking if there list things Trump's expert of.
Here's atleast some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3f95BGIiA

:chaostrump:

Captain Kosmos fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 8, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bird cooch posted:

I did, but it's foggy as hell right now so now I'm cold and damp. You advice sucks.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

you guys do know there''s a brand new HD remake of ducktales with all kinds of modern production values and such, right?

no need to have to resort to playing it on primitive nintendo hardware like some kind of peasant

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

CmdrRiker posted:

The 2020 election year blows.

Yeah, as I've said many times I'm pretty sure that Joe Biden is the exact same kind of malignant narcissist that Trump is. You see it most when he refuses to admit to making a mistake even when doing so would be to his advantage.

They could probably get along swimmingly, just like with Trump and his dictator friends. "A perfect phone call. Just perfect."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think Biden is just experienced enough to know it looks bad in public, but this primary he’s been forgetting when cameras are on him and going off on voters.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I did, but it's foggy as hell right now so now I'm cold and damp. You advice sucks.

You might need that. I'm sorry I tried.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bird cooch posted:

I did open a window.

The overton window. :cool:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It makes total sense if you look at him like a super fundie mega church pastor. Fake inferiority complex, aww shucks salt of the earth persona, private jet, and serious prosperity gospel bullshit. It’s all there, he is a good CEO and utilizes his persona to grift whenever and however he can.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
When will we get turnout numbers from Wisconsin?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

davecrazy posted:

Court order allows for absentee ballots requested by a certain deadline to be counted by the 13th.

So, no final results until then.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

davecrazy posted:

Anywhere from 1-14 days, but most likely around 5 days from now.

According to the WHO.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

KKKLIP ART posted:

It makes total sense if you look at him like a super fundie mega church pastor. Fake inferiority complex, aww shucks salt of the earth persona, private jet, and serious prosperity gospel bullshit. It’s all there, he is a good CEO and utilizes his persona to grift whenever and however he can.

You mean fake humility? (Sorry, it was the phrasing that caught my eye.)

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Stickman posted:

If I'm remembering correctly, the "up to" is better than it sounds because it just refers to the bonus tapering down to zero after a $200k salary.

Actually the proposal tapers to $5k at earnings of $200k/yr, but it is just a proposal and Moscow Mitch is still technically alive so :sigh:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

LeeMajors posted:

He’s CFB Forrest Gump. Book version where he goes to the moon and poo poo.

goes to the moon, wins a NCG, etc.

KKKLIP ART posted:

The thing that doesn't make sense is that he accomplished something. I'm not used to evangelical huckster types accomplishing literally anything concrete.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 8, 2020

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
And they have their new orders...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1247861952736526336

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Trump's twitter threads are getting weirder.

https://twitter.com/RandyRRQuaid/status/1247875413025660928?s=20

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Sanguinia posted:

Look, sometimes, some crimes go slipping through the cracks.

Do you know of two gum shoes who could pick up the slack?

Man I haven't heard that theme song in decades. Good stuff, thanks for that

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

of course we're going to make mail in voting a partisan issue during a pandemic, they need to implement it if theres going to be a proper election this year so of course we're going to do the opposite.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Making voting more accessible is not good for Republicans somehow. Hm. Better ensure they get a lot of handicaps in their favor, after all, being a republican is a human rights issue.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

It doesn't work out well because it's harder to suppress the downtrodden majority you loving monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

BigglesSWE posted:

being a republican is a human rights issue.
This much is clear.