Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've never in my life seen a theme park that charged per ride instead of one ticket so I was very confused the first time i played this. I've also never charged per ride, only at the gate. :colbert:

FoolyCharged posted:

It's more of a carnival/fairground pricing style. Dedicated theme parks don't really use it all that much.

Charging per ride was the standard decades ago in the 50s-70s but it started dying out in the 80s*. Disneyland for example had several different grades of ride tickets that you would buy in packs at the entrance. Its an antique of a phrase but have you ever heard something along the lines of "That sure was an E-Ticket!" Thats a reference to the most expensive tier of ride tickets that were in use in Disneyland, which were for the best rides.

* At least in the United States, I believe the practice continued in Britain for longer, which is why RCT features it I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Get OpenRCT which you can use the scenarios with and it has a fast forward button. :v:

Actually I think it even has the option the end the scenario in an early victory these days.