Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

If you're taking ride requests, we need to do a massive hedge maze so complicated that guests actually start complaining about getting lost in there. :getin:

Roth posted:

Our final ride is the observation deck, aptly named "See poo poo". It's entire purpose is to go up to the top, give guests a view of the park and then come back down. The only one I'm personally aware of in real life is one at Magic Mountain.
Wait, are they really rare? Both of the theme parks near where I grew up (Cedar Point and Geauga Lake, in northern Ohio) had observation towers. Up until right now, I assumed that most parks had them.

Gnoman posted:

I've always found that putting bathrooms near your ride exits cut down heavily on the pathway mess. It may be illusion, but I'm pretty sure I've tracked Sick guests go in and come out not Sick.
It's probably been nearly two decades since I played this game, but IIRC, that was actually advice given in guides/FAQs - always put a bathroom and a janitor near the exits of roller coasters to deal with the inevitable sick guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

The real question is how many theme parks actually charge for their bathrooms.

I'm guessing the answer is approximately zero - whatever money you'd make would likely be more than lost due to people who say "screw that, I'll just poo poo in those bushes then" or think they can hold it to save a buck then end up pissing themselves on a ride so it has to get shut down for cleaning. But would love to hear if anybody's got actual stories of parks charging 20 cents a piss.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah it can be a real slog if you reach the goals before the deadline.
IIRC, this happens a lot in early scenarios - they try to make it easy by giving you generous deadlines, but in most cases, it's so generous that you finish a year or more in advance. But the early scenarios also tend to have limited number of items to build, so you can't just shrug it off as a chance to go totally nuts with building either.