Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
1:1 ratio of self-raising flour to cream by weight makes near-perfect biscuits every time. Slop it into a mixing bowl and use your hands. Don't overmix. Sometimes I like to brush with butter before baking. Other biscuit recipes might be fractionally better, but the simplicity of this one is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Notahippie posted:

I made a cup of self-rising flour with bread flour, which came to 178g. Added 178g of cream, roughly mixed and patted it into 1 inch thick dough and cut into squares, baked at 425 for 10 minutes in pre-heated iron skillet.

Texture was great, way better than I expected. Only complaint was that they were slightly too loose. Flavor was good but not amazing.

All in all a hell of a recipe considering it took 12 minutes from nothing to biscuits.

Nice! Glad you liked it. I like 450f for about the same time, but it's all down to your preference