Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I made Nashville hot chicken (first time I've ever deep fried anything) and it was extremely crispy. Probably the best chicken I've ever had.

recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Pepper jelly is bitchin for stir fry too. But then that's not really southern.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Delicious knows no borders and no boundaries!

gently caress yeah I'm down with this sentiment!

That said, I actually learned of the use of pepper jelly from a Southern Living recipe anthology issue.

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pbj-steak-stir-fry
I can attest to this being pretty good. Especially if you toss some gochujang into it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Notahippie posted:

Flavor was good but not amazing.

They're a vessel for sausage gravy they don't need to have all that much flavor.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

I wish it wasn't so sketch eating out of the waterway behind my place. Industrial waste makes a nice piquant seasoning but the tumors are a pretty big drawback.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Grits get an unfair rap.

loving delicious when done right... most people don't do em right.

Just like so many other dishes.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Bacon works in southern cooking recipes as a substitute. It's not optimal but it'll get you where you want to go.

And yeah like the guy above suggested a dash of smoked paprika should help fill the gap if you're looking for a smokey flavor. But, like Kaiser said, the real point is that the meat is cured.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 15, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

You also don't really need the meat.

:colbert:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Stringent posted:

That's referred to as a ham hock in southern cooking, so just googling that should give you some ideas.

Isn't a ham hock usually cured? That cut of meat sure isn't.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

What’s everyone’s favorite baby yellow squash preparation? I’m about to be buried in them from the garden. Sliced, lightly bread in cornmeal and fry? Sautéed with onions and some bacon grease?

Curry. Not southern (well, south India maybe) but a good use regardless.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

mediaphage posted:

Au contraire!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Captain

I mean, yeah it's clearly Indian, but there are regions of the south that got into it.

No way! That's neat.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Croatoan posted:

That reminds me, if you want fried green tomatoes in the fall and winter, fried tomatillos are really drat good. Meatier too. They're just smaller is all.

Frankly just forget the tomatoes altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Did someone say fried chicken?