Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cspam amnesty
Apr 9, 2020

Greetings C-SPAM and possibly banned ex-C-SPAM

The situation we're in
Allow me to explain. Bernie's out and it hurts. Sadly, for many of us, there was an additional pain to endure today - the toxx thread. We were Bernie or Bust and in the words of ABBA, if I had to do the same again, I would my friend. Fernando.

However, the unfortunate reality is this: there are more than a few posters who are not in a position to rereg due to some lovely circumstances. This hurts me greatly. While we all knew what we were getting into with a toxx it does mean there are voices silenced - in some cases permanently - and unable to escape. I believe we can change that.

FAQ

Are toxx's being reversed/ignored? People get back in without :10bux:? What's going on with this "forgiveness"?
This is just a goon helping goons. It's not a mod/admin effort. No account is getting unbanned for free.

Who is eligible?
Simple, everyone is eligible. There is no means testing. gently caress.

How to get help?
If you are a poster in this situation send an e-mail to apply@goonamnesty.online and we will work through it.
If you know of a poster who is unlikely to read this but falls into this category, please email as above or PM me or post here and we will work through it.

How long is this available?
Requests up until Monday, 20 April will be handled.

cspam amnesty has issued a correction as of 08:31 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

lmao

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

sucks mega big what they did to my boy (Bernie)(grapes) but loving lol at this post

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lets face it, the haters are jealous somebody doesn't pay them to post

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I bet it all on Bernie and I lost everything, but I'll never forget the wild ride and friends we made along the way.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm cool with this

firstly, it's extremely on brand with the candidate

secondly, this toxx caught enough people that it basically ate an entire loving day of mod work, took out a pretty significant percentage of the people who actually actively post on SA, and caused the mods to declare a moratorium on candidate toxxes. it's a pretty clear weird special case and the mods going "this got out of hand and we're letting people welch" is reasonable.

cspam amnesty
Apr 9, 2020

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm cool with this

firstly, it's extremely on brand with the candidate

secondly, this toxx caught enough people that it basically ate an entire loving day of mod work, took out a pretty significant percentage of the people who actually actively post on SA, and caused the mods to declare a moratorium on candidate toxxes. it's a pretty clear weird special case and the mods going "this got out of hand and we're letting people welch" is reasonable.
For what it's worth this isn't a mod run thing although it is mod approved. Come to think of it, this should probably be in the OP.

And to the others - yeah I hammed up the thread title and OP a little bit but there was a lot of genuine concern about people not coming back so this is what it is and the offer is real.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

please dont give this obvious data harvesting setup your email, thanks!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Goons: Bernie is inevitable! Feel the Bern! Feel the Bern! Guillotines now! Okay boomer!

Same Goons the moment the tide turns: Now wait a minute-

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

this, but 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
BERNIE OR BUST (except if it effects me financially on the internet)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Homeless Friend posted:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Trip report for anyone wondering about this amnesty offer, tried it and it worked -- I am posting, cool! Still, everyone should use a burner e-mail address anyway just to be safe; more elaborate data-harvesting traps have existed I'm sure!

Don't be like me and fail to notice that the OP of this thread does not have a mod star. I assumed that the amnesty just entailed some mod pressing some buttons, like maybe some decision had been made to not charge everyone during a pandemic. Nope, turns out it's a (seemingly paid) rereg certificate code that you get e-mailed. Must be some good Samaritan sending actual real money to Lowtax. First, thanks random poster! Second, be aware this offer does not comply with a Lowtax boycott and does appear to enrich him.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 09:49 on Apr 9, 2020

Oct 28, 2003

threeagainstfour posted:

I bet it all on Bernie and I lost everything, but I'll never forget the wild ride and friends we made along the way.

Oct 28, 2003

also, heads up to people getting new av's stealing posting valor is legal now. get them gang tags.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Homeless Friend posted:

but with financial backing your posting purity might become biased, like a certain politician i wont be voting for in november

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This is all a scam by Biden to get your email don’t fall for it Bernie friends. You will get non stop unwanted advances from Biden.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lol at somebody spending money on having dumb list making guy back posting on the website. Incredible waste of resources.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Wait so someone who can afford to drop up to $5k on forum accounts posts in the "eat the rich" politics forum?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bloom posted:

Wait so someone who can afford to drop up to $5k on forum accounts posts in the "eat the rich" politics forum?

The top 1% of CSPAM poo poo posters are paying their fair share for universal ban relief care.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
At least they're spending their money on a useful cause and not frivolous entertainment in these tough times we live in.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VZ4qxfYvpY

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

lol at somebody spending money on having dumb list making guy back posting on the website. Incredible waste of resources.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Horizon Burning posted:

Goons: Bernie is inevitable! Feel the Bern! Feel the Bern! Guillotines now! Okay boomer!

I agree we should berate and ridicule those who were actively trying to craft a better America. What a bunch of schadenfreude!!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Horizon Burning posted:

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

MageMage posted:

I agree we should berate and ridicule those who were actively trying to craft a better America. What a bunch of schadenfreude!!

Nah, it is like this every time the echo chamber collapses and lefty loon SA gets their dick stepped on. 2016 presidential race, Brexit, the slaughter of the Labour Party. Y'all get so high on your own supply you don't realize that the rest of the world is not as keen on your vision. Then you try to weasel out of your TOXXs. Happens every time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Evil_Urna posted:

Nah, it is like this every time the echo chamber collapses and lefty loon SA gets their dick stepped on. 2016 presidential race, Brexit, the slaughter of the Labour Party. Y'all get so high on your own supply you don't realize that the rest of the world is not as keen on your vision. Then you try to weasel out of your TOXXs. Happens every time.

Strongly :agreed:

Also:

Athanatos posted:

Don't spin the Toxx wheel if you aren't willing to pay the price.

cspam amnesty
Apr 9, 2020

The price of the toxx wheel is the ban not the reentry. This is just some idiot extending a hand to down on their luck goons instead of kicking them, which is I guess frowned upon and makes some of you uncomfortable?

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Evil_Urna posted:

Eh, give it a couple of months, lots of people gonna start leaning towards this kind of politics through grapes of wrath style lived experiences.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
This thread exists because a user asked if they could pay for other users to come back. No one is getting out of their toxxes for free. If the idea of someone paying for other people to come back to the site offends you, consider not being a prick with a giant stick up your rear end!

This is your warning not to poo poo the thread up.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Evil_Urna posted:

rofl nobody's trying to weasel out of the toxx, cool 'non echo chamber' opinion though

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Evil_Urna posted:

imagine making a post this bad lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
OP can you just donate this money burning a hole in your pocket to COVID-19 relief instead of bringing back people who gambled with their accounts and hosed up

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
If you don’t have $10 to register you have much bigger problems that need to be sorted before you go back to posting on C-SPAM all day.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

OP can you just donate this money burning a hole in your pocket to COVID-19 relief instead of bringing back people who gambled with their accounts and hosed up

eric posted:

If you don’t have $10 to register you have much bigger problems that need to be sorted before you go back to posting on C-SPAM all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

eric posted: