Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

nothingburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
I mean,

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
“chud” is played out at this point. it really doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I think in a few months if we all try rly hard this thread can declare the entirety of human language overrated one phrase at a time. Lets get to it goons

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Algund Eenboom posted:

I think in a few months if we all try rly hard this thread can declare the entirety of human language overrated one phrase at a time. Lets get to it goons

I dislike all of these words, in this particular order

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

"Darwin's Bulldog"

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

:negative:

Taintrunner posted:

“chud” is played out at this point. it really doesn’t mean anything anymore.

It never did.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

saying that someone should be guillotined or "sent to the gulag" is LARPing. have some balls and say something more practical like they should get a firing squad or something. they're phrases used by the kind of person that you can hear snickering in the background to zizek's coffee without cream joke during one of his talks, powerless and ineffective.

Baudolino posted:

Being "pilled" red, blue, pink, black etc.

i use "redpill me on X" to ask for basic advice about mundane things like the best socks or gluten free instant noodles

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Shibawanko posted:

i use "redpill me on X" to ask for basic advice about mundane things like the best socks or gluten free instant noodles

gulag this goon

:commissar:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Algund Eenboom posted:

Would you say you... hate to see it?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shibawanko posted:

saying that someone should be guillotined or "sent to the gulag" is LARPing. have some balls and say something more practical like they should get a firing squad or something. they're phrases used by the kind of person that you can hear snickering in the background to zizek's coffee without cream joke during one of his talks, powerless and ineffective.

I like how you just substituted one impractical thing for another.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cringe
simp

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
*thing* has lost all meaning

Extremely *thing*

Because *thing*

Cool and good

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the kids are all right

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

the kids are all right

Also, the kids are altright

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The kids are all white

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

They’ve gone totally mask off now, guys. 2020 is the year the quiet part is said loud. *cracks and pings in fluent sarcasm*

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
crack ping is pretty bad ngl

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
it’s the sound of your brain breaking but not the onomatopoeia of it, there’s gotta be an easier and cooler way to express that sentiment

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

it’s the sound of your brain breaking but not the onomatopoeia of it, there’s gotta be an easier and cooler way to express that sentiment

Sadly, we cannot trust the people who memed "crack ping" to come up with anything better.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've decided to interpret "crack ping" as the only sound you can make when you've been screaming so long that your voice has given out.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Never heard or seen crack ping

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

Never heard or seen crack ping

Mostly a Trump thread thing.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Epstein thread originally

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
headline: Trump BLASTS somebody on twitter

edit: beaten on page 4

Ben Nerevarine has issued a correction as of 21:37 on Jun 1, 2020

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
this tweeter OBLITERATED the opposition, with his thumbs, from the toilet

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
^ This, any time someone being mildly berated or reprimanded is described as them getting BODIED

It's like hehe wow better send a DEADCART for this CORPSE, wtf

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"Speaking as a [insert identity-marker]..."

People will do this to you as a way to argue from authority, even if they don't know you. For instance someone can say "Speaking as a gay man..." and then deliver their sermon to a person who for all they know, is gay. It's a (really lovely) way to steamroll a conversation and turn it into something about themselves.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Ben Nerevarine posted:

this tweeter OBLITERATED the opposition, with his thumbs, from the toilet

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

^ This, any time someone being mildly berated or reprimanded is described as them getting BODIED

It's like hehe wow better send a DEADCART for this CORPSE, wtf

Is this coming back? I remember in 2016 it got really loving annoying that every article had ton continually turn up the dial on hyperbolic language.

"Hillary DESTROYS Trump on Foreign Policy"

"Hillary EVISCERATES Trump on Trade"

"HILLARY CUTS TRUMPS DICK OFF AND FEEDS IT TO HIM ON NATIONAL PARKS POLICY"

All three links are a 10 second clip of some interview saying "I don't think he has a clear policy position on _______"

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
agree to disagree

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Unprecedented".

"I've seen enough. [Candidate] wins [race]".

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Anything having to do with restoring faith in humanity. gently caress off with that poo poo. Either you have faith in humanity even in its darkest moments, or you dont have faith in humanity even in its finest moments.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/good_guy69/status/1270366416240287751?s=21

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
When people respond to these kinds of questions like this:

"Is X the case here, or is it actually Y?"
"Yes."

gently caress off

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
"Centering"

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

"Speedrunning" a bad outcome, like "wow America is speedrunning the 1918 pandemic!"

It's an involved hobby that takes a lot of practice and communal effort, the results are quick and spectacular but people don't just bumble their way into it.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"I have some bad news for you about..."

Shut up.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
karen

everyone's a karen now when before, nobody was a karen. is it because we did not yet have the perfect language to express in one word what kind of person the word represents? No, it's because it's a forced overused meme. It's reductionist, lazy language and using it sincerely is actually pure cringe.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hell,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

karen

everyone's a karen now when before, nobody was a karen. is it because we did not yet have the perfect language to express in one word what kind of person the word represents? No, it's because it's a forced overused meme. It's reductionist, lazy language and using it sincerely is actually pure cringe.

I always felt it had a bit of sexism attached to it too. It became more obvious when it got picked up by centrists and the right and they'd basically apply it to all women they don't like instead of a specific subset.