Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

grassy gnoll posted:

My plan is to take pictures of still objects from fairly close up, mostly scale models and the occasional cat or human.

What scale of models? A macro lens would be best if it's 15mm scale or smaller. The close focus on the 23mm is something like 8", but it just depends on how much background you want, too.

I've had Fuji for a while now and shot on Sony stuff and I would recommend the Fuji, their cheaper glass is a lot better in general than Sony stuff and you really don't need to post process at all which makes turnaround a lot faster. That last bit might not matter as much, but it was nice for shooting events, and also the colors do look really nice, especially for rich colors like red or purple or dark greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU