Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
I have a similar use-case to lofi's above -- I found this XF10 new for $400 USD (including shipping) here: https://excellentphoto.ca/products/fujifilm-xf-10-digital-camera-with-18-5mm-wide-angle-lens-black

Is this a reasonable buy? Website looks reputable but I have no idea. I'm located in the U.S. for what it's worth.

The other camera I'm potentially looking at is the X100(s). Similar price used, and from my understanding, you're mostly trading off bulk for a much more serious camera. I primarily want something to take references with, so I'm not sure how deep into real camera work I'm going to go, and either way I think both are better cameras than my current ability so I probably shouldn't worry about it too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

Not having a viewfinder is definitely something I'm a little worried about. Reviews online are a mixed bag -- some say they don't mind it at all, and other's say it's tricky for daytime shots or telling what exactly is in focus. Landscapes are going to be my primary focus. I like the pocketability aspect for sure but I'm not married to it, and I don't think I want to go higher than the ~400 price point.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

Thanks for all of the recommendations, people. I did end up going with the XF10, mainly out of budget reasons -- later models of the RX100 and GR were in the 5-600 dollar range, and same with the interchangeable Fuji's. I do really like the pocketability of this thing, and the lack of EVF and tilt aren't bothering me yet.

Above all I just want to take this out and shoot a bunch. I think this is a great camera for that.