Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

KillHour posted:

Mary is necessary because she's the only one who can protect the MC from her own stupidity.

You say that but she was also totally willing to eat random mushrooms that Catarina found in a cave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nichol is the only boy katarina actually finds attractive.

She's only dense, not dead.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Pomf

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Next episode gonna start with a fight to the death.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

could have done without sexual assault the episode

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I snipped this bit from the OP because I like it a lot

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I've apparently forgotten whoever told her that they would hug her the next time they meet. Who was Larna?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

She's Susanna, Geoffrey's fiance.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Gnossiennes posted:

could have done without sexual assault the episode

I mean it is an otome game.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I Am Fowl posted:

I snipped this bit from the OP because I like it a lot

Thank you very much.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
It's wild hearing Zenos from FFXIV not going on and on about the thrill of the hunt while awkwardly flirting.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Burst out laughing at that ending.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

KillHour posted:

Next episode gonna start with a fight to the death.

I mean, it didn't start with one, but Geordo is certainly doing his best to incite a war and nearly ended the episode with a fight. Also, the episodes usually don't have a post credits scene that I recall, but there's a quick one at the end of this week's episode. Not one of any real import, but it's cute regardless.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad someone has been able to break through the idiot bubble and I hope it inspires everyone else to do so as well. Turn this cold war into burning hot violence.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

What a cute episode! What an adorable, feel good show. Simply delightful.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Geordo's war against Catarina's chastity continues to be blocked by Keith and Alan, oddly enough. I'm a sucker for fireworks and ghosts episodes so this was a treat for me even if it was otherwise a filler-ish episode.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Geordo's war against Catarina's chastity continues to be blocked by Keith and Alan, oddly enough. I'm a sucker for fireworks and ghosts episodes so this was a treat for me even if it was otherwise a filler-ish episode.

This show barely has a plot, I don't think anything counts as a filler episode. It's more antics with this cast! That's what I'm here for!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sankara posted:

This show barely has a plot, I don't think anything counts as a filler episode. It's more antics with this cast! That's what I'm here for!

Isn't that most harem animes?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Either way, this team still has it with regards to keeping my attention with delightful, anime-only episodes.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Both of these episodes have kinda been filler, but also the book right after katarina is saved from...i think they already said his actual name is sora...after she's saved, the book right after it is a bunch of side stories similar to this anyway.

edit - also i liked at the end of this episode about the girls telling maria a childhood story, they just had an animation of "what if maria was friends with them all along"

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 7, 2021

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The council of Catarina's main objection to a marriage with Geordo being "Catarina would never hack it as a royal" really made me giggle for some reason. I wonder if her Mom's found a way to infiltrate the council.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

tsob posted:

The council of Catarina's main objection to a marriage with Geordo being "Catarina would never hack it as a royal" really made me giggle for some reason. I wonder if her Mom's found a way to infiltrate the council.

I would assume her mom's goal is to get her to marry Geordo, and that's why she keeps screaming at her to act more ladylike.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

To a social climber like Catarina's mom a royal wedding would be perfect yeah.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pretty sure in season 1 Momarina was explicitly "I do not want my daughter to be queen, she is going to embarrass the poo poo out of us"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
catarina being a public embarrassment is a given. but if she was queen that would reflect on the entire country and not just her family.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

KillHour posted:

I would assume her mom's goal is to get her to marry Geordo, and that's why she keeps screaming at her to act more ladylike.

Yeah at this point while milidania might seem like a social climber...she's given up on katarina being a good QUEEN.

and so has katarina lmao.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ironically, Katarina would be the best queen and bring immediate world peace and literally the entire planet would mourn her death.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mary should be queen alongside katarina, and geordo should be in a dumpster

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

sharrrk posted:

mary should be queen alongside katarina, and geordo should be in a dumpster

Mary and Maria should share Katarina and Geordo should be in a dumpster, yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

KillHour posted:

Ironically, Katarina would be the best queen and bring immediate world peace and literally the entire planet would mourn her death.

too many foreign royalty would instantly fall in love with her, thus starting a world war.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I can't help noticing that all the girls in this series get serious glow-ups when they get timeskipped, but all four of the guys have worse character designs than they did when they were ten.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I can't help noticing that all the girls in this series get serious glow-ups when they get timeskipped, but all four of the guys have worse character designs than they did when they were ten.

Authors must have GL bias. Just another reason Mary ending is canon.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

this is true in real life as well

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

KillHour posted:

Authors must have GL bias. Just another reason Mary ending is canon.

GL? I assume the "L" is "lesbian", but what's the "G"?

Edit: Oh, "G" stands for "Gay". Duh :doh: That should have been obvious I guess, but I've never seen them ordered like that before as an acronym. Or even without the "BT" part, I think.

tsob fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 9, 2021

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Simpler than that. It's just Girls Love.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sharrrk posted:

this is true in real life as well

No joke. When I was a kid, I just needed a bowtie and every grown woman in a 2 mile radius would rush to fawn over me. Men peak too early.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

The old adage "girls rule boys drool" is eternal!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sankara posted:

The old adage "girls rule boys drool" is eternal!

But girls have cooties so who can really say which is better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I thought Catarina might dream about her old life, and that might become A Thing, but no she obviously is too stupid to understand the prompt and just imagines her current existence. Good attitude.