Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Y'know going into this series I was concerned there'd be some dumb bit where the 'real' mean Katarina pops up and tries to make everything how it 'should' be, but so far they've dodged that bullet super well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Katarina's spent most of her life terrified that if she screws up always keeping her friends happy with her, they'll all turn on her and abandon/try to kill her, and she's incapable of seeing that they all sincerely love her and wouldn't do that to her.

:smith:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Apparently the dub is releasing their first episode today, anyone got a cast list?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Oooh there's some real veterans in there.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Shyrka posted:

I was a little disappointed that the Anne flashback had young Catarina as the one preventing her arranged marriage. I liked it more with her about to go to the magic school and wanting to make sure Anne stayed with her, it feels like it has more meaning if they've had several years together when it happens.

The magic school bit occurs in the timeline where Catarina is still an awful selfish person, and her awful selfishness just so happened to work out in Anne's favour. It's like the only time someone ever thinks of the old Catarina favourably, so I'm kinda glad they didn't use it here and can save it for an adaptation of the other timeline.