Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I feel like they're basing character's faces off of the faces of celebrities these days. The new Jill Valentine is absolutely Natalie Portman and Aerith is someone but I can't put my finger on who.

She reminds me of Anna Kendrick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Reading through the original LP now because I'm on a huge Final Fantasy kick as of April 10th and I can't get enough of all the times you see

Elentor posted:

you can just perfectly imagine this floor rendered in, say, Unreal Engine 4. You know, in the FFVII remake. That's never gonna happen.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Sorry to hear that Elentor.

I can only speak for myself but having read your old FFVII LP and your Let's Gamedev thread I feel like supporting you a little for the time and effort put into both of those is no big deal because they're honestly both novel-length content which takes time, creativity, and energy. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

I'm gonna link your Patreon here in case others would like to do the same but if you feel particularly uncomfortable with accepting help from the internet then I'll remove the link.
[modedit: per forumwide policy, link to patreon removed... grudgingly]

e: of course no pressure here to continue to produce content of any sort. Life comes first.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 29, 2020

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, it's understandable - people could easily spin a story to tug on heartstrings and justify a link to a patreon, or ask a friend to post one etc. Not that I think that's what's happening at all, don't get me wrong.

Glad you're safe and somewhat sound, Elentor!

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Fort Condor would be fine if the fastest setting wasn't still unbearably slow. Dump your dudes and wait for the win to happen, but it takes a good 5+ minutes just because everything moves at a crawl.