Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I originally skipped over this LP because I figured it was going to be kind of a bandwagon LP, but then I saw who was behind the wheel and jumped in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Is there a remake of I ?

I want to say there was a PS1 update of FF1 (maybe bundled with a slightly updated Chrono Trigger) and there was also a version of 1 & 2 on the GBA, but nothing with 3d graphics or other quality of life improvements that I'm aware of.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

dotchan posted:

Is Final Fantasy VII Remake finally true hack-and-slash or is there still some sort of hidden ATB thing going on under the hood? How does it compare to the Trials of Mana Remake demo, if you've played that? IMO that one feels slightly over-animated and not as responsive as any random [Whatever] Warriors game.

When is the inevitable Koei and Squaresoft collab for Dissidia Warriors

I don't think this is spoilers as this is basic mechanics, but Elentor didn't touch on it specifically *though it is typed out in one of herscreenshots. If you want this gone because you're covering it, I'll remove it.

ATB is happening and it's not exactly hidden. There is an ATB gauge under your health and mana bars. It is split in two halves (but it might get more or less segments depending on gear/character. I haven't seen that far yet myself) It will fill automatically over time, but fills faster if you are attacking. You don't have to wait for it to fill up before performing basic attacks, but special moves will use up one ATB bar. So basic attack and defense, do not use ATB, and instead build it. Special attacks (which we haven't seen yet) and using Magic/Items/Menu commands does require ATB. Basically if it requires a menu, it requires ATB.

Edited for assumption. Sorry.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 14, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Heads up, elentor is a she not a he.

Fixed. Sorry.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I think we've gotten to the point in the game where we can bring up the biggest question the remake asks, and this is going to focus entirely on people who played the original or followed any LP of the original:

Show of hands, how many people think that the VA's are pronouncing "MAKO" wrong?

There's no pronunciation key (that I've ever seen) for this made up word, but I know that I and several other people I've talked to always pronounced it as "MAY-ko", but clearly Barret says it like "MAH-ko". For me it's because there is a kind of shark called a Mako, and it's pronounced like the first example.

It's just weird to my ears. Did they pronounce it like that for the EU stuff? Did it even come up there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

That'd just be phase one. Phase two is Nendoroid Sephiroth, phase 3 is Revoltech Sephiroth, and the final phase is Perfect Grade Sephiroth.

Does that mean we'd face 3-4 versions of Funko POP! Jenova?