Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Welp, I guess since the game isn't available on steam, this is the best way to experience it. Music links would be good though.

Elentor posted:

as the game ever gives you tutorial messages
showing the takeoffs the next times
Errors.

Elentor posted:

Update 2 Bonus - Ads

You need a clear shot of the dog cartoon ad for a later reference to make sense. This is obviously vital.

LastLeigh posted:

Oh my god. FF9 with these graphics would be INSANE.
I want an FF6 remake with these graphics. And an apology for the last FF6 remake to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Elentor posted:

I just want more Vagrant Story, is it too much to ask?
I've only ever read Azure's LP, which (like most of his LPs) made the game look dull and confusing af.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Elentor posted:

Hey, sorry about that. My arm's been acting up. You know, we're gonna have an encore of 10 years ago.

Best of health in these trying times.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Harrow posted:

Also Aerith has green eyes and that girl's eyes are blue.
IRL, people's eye-color often changes as they grow up.

Less so in media, granted. Flashback characters will generally have the same hair style, never mind eye color.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I mean, abs on armor are fairly commonplace, as are huge codepieces. No reason to believe an alternate medieval-renaissance culture where female warriors are more common wouldn't have boobplate armor.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Elentor posted:

Speaking of the original, I can't believe they kept these goofy-rear end designs. You know, these:

We get it Barret.

Seriously, look at how goofy these things look compared to the rest of Shinra's equipment. And yes, yes, I know there is sillier. Still, they look kinda like toys. I had put this on the budget of "designs that are gonna change because they're too silly" and to my surprise they're here.

The "23" is probably something you do to mark out screenshots, left in by accident? Which is why the original FF7 screenshot is pasted twice over?

I feel like these updates are really short.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Elentor posted:

Apparently some YT person called videogamedunkey complained about anime noise grunts and if you search for that term and ff7r my videos show up nearly at the top.
He's pretty great. Wonder if you'll agree with his assessment of the remake by the time we're through.

Not going to show off Jessie's reactions if you keep running into the lasers?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Elentor posted:

I probably missed that, because uh, I didn't keep running into lasers.
Different gaming psychology. For certain people "oh, Jessie has different comments as I keep going through the lasers. I wonder if she has a different set of banters if I keep running into the lasers" is as natural as breathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

I probably know the answer to this, but the same dark impulse that makes people read strange book in Lovecraft settings requires me to ask; is there a corresponding Aerith plushie and has somebody done the obvious posing with this plushie and that one?
Like this?