Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Good to see this LP up and running! This game has smacked me around and combat took a little getting used to, but it feels good playing a game that puts pressure on me to learn its systems.

I love how instead of cherry-picking things they like for the remake they're expanding on the original as much as they can and using every part of the FF7 bison. It feels like a revised draft and gives me hope for the rest of the remake if it means seeing the rest of the gonzo bestiary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

I had a lot of trouble with the Scorpion fight, but one thing I love about this game is it was the first time in a while I had to meet the game halfway and learn the mechanics to do well. Blocking and swapping members is invaluable yeah.

Granted, like the thread has said there are some flubs to how fights progress. I think the HP meter being sectioned would be a good idea, cuz "a boss has phases" being a spoiler is silly, since it's less about that it has phases and more what happens during those phases that is fine not knowing.

A lot of this game feels like a test run for how the game will work going forward. You can tell they're feeling around, and from what I've seen I have faith that they're taking notes for their next shot.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

You're totally fine Elentor! We all start somewhere and nobody should hold that against us!

Marmaduke! posted:

Biggest problem I found was the death spiral, lose a party member and you're suddenly struggling to use your ATB to toss a phoenix down, but even if you do that you'll need a second bar to heal them, and you need to attack to generate the ATB, but if you do that, you're at risk of taking damage to your other character, and you were already struggling, meanwhile the boss is still attacking - and by then your party is wiped.

Not saying that this didn't happen in other games but I really felt it this time!

This is one thing I'd like to see tweaked; maybe using certain items only takes half an ATB (or they split the meter up more to better divide those kinda things).

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Gosh I love Cloud's dorky smirk he can't help making here. After all his posturing in this mission someone calls him cool and he's not ready for it. :allears:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

I took my time walking through this section. It was insane how much dialogue was packed into this part, it's haunting.

I shoulda went through my Hard Mode lap in Japanese to compare the voices. The dub is really solid too, which is insane given SE's track record with voice direction.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just drunk on life!

... wait a minute

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

I like a little white russian or hard lemon, but I don't want to overdo it cuz I'm probably a terrible drunk.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Elentor posted:

But what about

In that case, if he didn't bathe :haw:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Aeris is lotsa fun in the remake and her barbed cutesy snark helped alleviate a lot of worry about her character in this.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

I remeber getting pumped to hear the battle theme kick in for real by the end of the sequence, and after picking the controller back up after being distracted for an hour it didn't disappoint!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The best thing about Stamp is when you hear his theme song and pay attention to the lyrics

:aaaaa:

I love this game.